Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the Best Brand Washing Machine Available In Santiago

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What is the Best Brand Washing Machine Available In Santiago

Looking to purchase a new washing machine here in Santiago. Been to all the usual stores and getting a different story from each one. Looked at the Samsung for 24,000 at La Serena and that looked pretty well made, Plaza Lama pushes LG and I definitely don't want a Frigidaire. So from everyones experience, what brands have you had the best usage without problems, warranty repair from what store without a hassle, you know the drill. I bought a Haier one and a half years ago and it's broke down several times, now it's deceased, so our (2 adults, 1 child) worth of dirty clothes are piling up fast.
    And they are starting to stink up the house, so everyone, HELP.....

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I would go with the American brands. I think I saw a Whirpool or the like in the new La Sirena for RD17500.

The typical one you find here has a separate compartment for spinning the clothes, which is much more work.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

You can't go wrong with a Whirpool. Lots of lower income Dominicans use the Asian versions (cheaper). But the Whirpool is a workhorse (more capacity and reliability).

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

would you be wanting one that heats the water or one thats swills cold dirty water around - the first ype being more than double the other type

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Best brand ever for me is Kenmore and I am not sure they sell that here, I got my washer in the states. Have you been to Pricesmart?

Post Thanks / Like

See about pull outs in Florida? They work well. Cheap, like 8000 delivered door to door.
    I got my fridge and washer like that.

I have used the oriental models and they do a good washing job, but you have to do some of the work.

The only model I say at PriceSmart was close to 30K!!!

HB

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, 30K at Pricesmart......Better come with a great b.....b
    In the past, I always bought a Whirlpool, Maytag, or Kenmore which for a long time was manufactured for Sears by Whirlpool. I saw a Samsung at La Sirena, looked extremely well made. One large compartment does it all and it was selling for 24K, still expensive, but by todays prices maybe not so. I am doing some remodeling here by an extraordinary person recommended by Chip. He really knows his stuff, and I am having a hot water line run for the washing machine, so cold and hot water. Whatever I purchase, it will need a hot and cold water inlet and adjustments for both.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Now I wonder if the one I saw in La Sirena is the real deal at less than RD18k. If I were you I'd run on over there and check it out just in case.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Now I wonder if the one I saw in La Sirena is the real deal at less than RD18k. If I were you I'd run on over there and check it out just in case.
    Chip, I have to wait for Anjito and his guys to finish for the day, then I am going to the place I swore I'd never go back to...The new La Sirena

Moderator - Clown Central
    Post Thanks / Like

Be careful about buying the full automatic electronic ones.

We bought a fancy LG with a digital timer, electronic control.

The problem is, when the power goes off we lose the settings and it has to start over again from the beginning.

Ours is on a circuit that is on the Inverter, so we manually put it on pause when the power goes off. BUT, after a certain time on pause, it goes off pause and we have to start it from scratch.

I did not think about that until too late.
    Give me the old-fashion rotary dial control any day!

SantiagoDR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast