Best hair transplant Doctor in DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Does anyone know of doctors that do hair transplants in the DR?

You could always comb it over!

donald-trump-picture-1.jpg

Reactions: mike l

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
The D.R. is possibly one place where you ca feel free enough not to need a rug.

Baldness, along with chubbiness and 'can't danceness' is approved of here.

As long as you have some 'cashness' you will not need 'hair'.

Although we are past the dawning of the age of the Aquarius......

bayaguanaman

Oct 22, 2009
I was also thinking of having a transplant done, from my chest to my scalp, problem is I dont know whether to have the curly hair only on 1 side of my head and leave what is there on the other alone or to integrate the curly chest hair into the somewhat diminishing cover of straight hair that God gave me on top !

either way, I will await the day when I have absolutely no need to spend 1 peso on anything else , then I know the need for a transplant has come, until then, I will continue to scrub abd polish daily. As my old grannie (abuela) always told me, a bald head is a clean head..........makes sence to me . Have a good one !!

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Give 5% Minoxidil (Ro-Gaine) a shot.
I had some entries developing rapidly just about when I came here. I looked around and the impressive "credentials" have failed to impress me much. And the $5000.oo to $10'000.oo alternative of having it done it the States kind'a suggested that it was well worth the time to try something else before digging yet another hole in my net worth.

So, I got me some Minoxidil locally and surprise... I soon (2-3 weeks) stated noticing hair RE-growing! I am in my third of treatment year now and I got more hair than my 15 year old son! And that with a father who went almost completely bald by 50.
I get my Minoxidil on e-bay... 12 month packs at a time... cheap!
As the say: Use it or loose it.

... J-D.

Jan 5, 2006
I've personally seen the results on 3 of her patients (not pictures) and they were excellent. I would highly recommend Dr. Reyes Sagiv.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
when one starts doing this process you have to realise that its an on going thing- your own hair will continue to drop out so more needs to be put in- mucho dinero needed other wise you end up with the hedgehog look

Jan 5, 2006
The ones I've seen personally, were all hairline restorations. They looked natural and are undetectable.

One of them was a very severe case, of a man in his mid 20s, who was down to a horseshoe hair pattern, and she did a full restoration in 3 sessions, over a 2 year period. I know him because we go to the same barbershop, so I've seen the before and after on that particular case.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
when one starts doing this process you have to realise that its an on going thing- your own hair will continue to drop out so more needs to be put in- mucho dinero needed other wise you end up with the hedgehog look
Actually not necessarily so, JR.
The theory in male baldness pattern is that in some men, DHT (DeHidroTestosterone, a male sex hormono derived enzimatically from Testosterone and mostly responsible for male sex development (yes, S I Z E ;)) in puberty but also sex drive later on) tends to shrink the follicles to the point where they stop being able to grow hair.
Hair folicles to the sides, on men genetically programmed to loose their top hair, are generally not sensible to DHT. These are the follicles which are removed and placed on top. They will not be affected by DHT up there as they are different.

Still, most transplant patients are advised to use Minoxidil in order to keep the remaining original top DHT sensitive follicles "alive".
Finasteride is also being sold, to counter act the enzymatic conversion of Testosterone in DHT, effectively reducing DHT levels, but it is also reported to potentially negatively affect sex drive. Body builders who take Testosterone take it to limit the risk of sudden baldness or acne due to excessive T levels and conversion.

The ones I've seen personally, were all hairline restorations. They looked natural and are undetectable.

One of them was a very severe case, of a man in his mid 20s, who was down to a horseshoe hair pattern, and she did a full restoration in 3 sessions, over a 2 year period. I know him because we go to the same barbershop, so I've seen the before and after on that particular case.

IF she does hairlines successfully and naturally (undetectable) then she is GOOD. That's something not all can do, a fairly new technology too.

... J-D.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Do what I do with a receding hairline, just crop it very close. Funny enough, people here in the DR say I look younger while people in the States say I look older.

It also gives me a somewhat more Latin look, which is helpful to go more incognito than might be normally possible.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
LOL...Remember that spray that they sold on an infomercial years ago? It looked like spray cotton candy. :p

Yea, it was hair in a can or something. It wasnt meant for the whole head, only to cover up the bald spot at the apex of your scalp or your forward facing combover. Imagine the guy who tried to complement his sideburns with that spray on a hot summer day on Venice Beach?

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
I have never seen a hairline that looks natural. I can spot plugs across the street. also, face lift scars. It costs a fortune, and you gotta keep on paying, cuz all hair falls out. Except for some women, I consider it a complete waste of resources and it speaks ill of a man who chooses this ridiculous "therapy". I think it cheapens otherwise respectable physicians who waste the resources used to educate them on this nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.