Whats Really Going To Change?

eastcoastmike

Jul 18, 2004
So now that weeks of political caravans have inconvenienced the entire nation not to mention noise levels that would enrage any civilised person does anyone really for a second think that anything will be different?
Will anything be spent on education?Will the police force actually function Monday morning?Will the traffic lights function?Will the electricity problems be solved?
These politicians are truly disgraceful human beings!Is there any hope that one day the population will demand accountabilty from these ****heads and throw them out on there asses if they accomplish nothing, regardless of when their terms are up?
What a shame that decent,hard working people have such a limited choice of uneducated theives to choose from!What would become of an honest,hard working politician?Would he/she stand a chance?
Some may say that these elections and all the aggravation that comes with it are great,emotional,Dominican theatre.Not me.I look at this baffoonery as a sad reminder of just how far this country still has to go.

noni

Mar 30, 2009
The problem is not how far this country has to go, it’s that the people do not want to do better. It takes a lot of work to progress and very few want to work that hard. They do not want nor like change, it is convenient for the country to maintain its current state because the way it is permits them to have an excuse not to work and drown in the FRIAS everyday...

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Some may say that these elections and all the aggravation that comes with it are great,emotional,Dominican theatre.Not me.I look at this baffoonery as a sad reminder of just how far this country still has to go.
Compared to what? the political baffonery in the First World?

IMO, the DR has exactly the kind of politics they want, based on the large % of folks who participate in the current process.

One man's baffonery is another man's sincere participation...

eastcoastmike

Jul 18, 2004
Noni and Cobraboy youve both made some very good points.I like the banter and I like to hear others views!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Well nothing will happen till August 16th as that is when the newly appointed Senators, Diputados and Sindicos take over. So there will be a lull for 3 months of nothing. Then you might see a boost in the economy as the new guys appoint their teams, who will no doubt be looking for new cars and new houses, mostly bought on finance though based on their anticipated earnings.

matilda

Reactions: bienamor

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
I?ve always lived by two necessary rules when I?ve traveled around this world, especially when it comes to the locals. One, never discuss religious ideas, and two, never discuss anything to do with politics in that country. However, today I broke my second rule and ask my very good Dominican friend if she had a party that she supported here. Her answer was the White party, to which I asked her what makes them the party of her choice.
Her answer, ?White is a much better color to wear than those ugly Purple shirts and hats the others hand out?:rolleyes:

Go figure!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
So there will be a lull for 3 months of nothing.

This is traditionally the time when governmental offices are stripped bare of computers, air conditioners, anything moveable, particularly if the incumbent either didn't run or lost. Some of these items will end up being sold which might give a false mini-nudge to some people's economies. I think generally computerisation of data is much better now, but at a local level some 'loss' of records is to be expected. However, it might not be real, just the dying days of bureaucrats trying to profit as much as possible before they're out of a job.

And before everyone tells me that the PLD are likely to increase their majority etc, I don't see that as any good reason why the half-inching of governmental property will not happen, at least to some degree.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
So now that weeks of political caravans have inconvenienced the entire nation not to mention noise levels that would enrage any civilised person does anyone really for a second think that anything will be different?

Yes, no caravans and less noise. :)

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Well two of our properties in Jarabacoa just became more valuable and more accessible wih brand new pavement. Leonel is trying to smooth the way for his ex mother in law to become Major.