Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: El puerco es del lodo...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default El puerco es del lodo...

If you bring your Dominican spouse to the EU,US,Canada or wherever in the civilized world don't be surprised to listen him or she talking about how good life is in the DR no matter all the social,politic,education or economic problems in DR it will take time before his mind changes....
    Look my case for example I'm still complaining of how bored is the city where I live but when I watch a video about the Dominican reality I can see the big difference and the privilege of living in developed country.

Watch this video of my house's surrounding areas:

YouTube - CLIP0004.AVI

My grandfather was right when he said the pig belongs to the mud...

JJ

Post Thanks / Like

[email protected]!! All that traffic, all those motores, where are they?? Not one little bump. If you read a post I put up this afternoon...jejeje, the road from Licey al Medio to Moca is just one big hoyo!!.....

Beautiful country is North Carolina...

HB

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes it is very different here you see the road where I started my run it was paved two weeks ago but it was in better shape than the Av. 27 de Febrero in Santiago, the traffic is no bad here in this town and the pride of the folks here is that they built the city inside the oaks and the pain trees. The forest is green, some time when I open the windows of my house in the mornings I can see the deers and the the rabbits and the armadillos in my backyard.

Aqui solamente hace falta un colmado pa' jugar domino y beber presidente afuera en la acera.

haha

JJ

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes it's all nice and organized and clean and manicured lawns and...boring. Just look at all those cookie cutter houses, devoid of any color (cause god forbid you decide you want to paint your house a color different than beige, white or some other drab color). You may have a nice porch, but you can't sit on that porch and have a beer without getting a citation. This is why we miss The DR...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suarezn View Post
    You may have a nice porch, but you can't sit on that porch and have a beer without getting a citation.
    This is a genuine question because it is 46 years since I lived in the US: is that really so? You can't sit on the porch of your own home & have a beer??? Why ever not?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lambada View Post
    This is a genuine question because it is 46 years since I lived in the US: is that really so? You can't sit on the porch of your own home & have a beer??? Why ever not?
    It's illegal to have open container with alcohol outside...so yes you can get a ticket or even worse if the cop decides to be a prick about it. I'm talking about your front porch though as nobody would see you in a back porch...Not to say people don't do it anyway.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suarezn View Post
    It's illegal to have open container with alcohol outside...so yes you can get a ticket or even worse if the cop decides to be a prick about it. I'm talking about your front porch though as nobody would see you in a back porch...Not to say people don't do it anyway.
    You can't get a ticket on private property, especially your own, what are you talking about?

In NYC you can still walk around and drink a beer in a paper bag, as long as it is not a parade or organized event...not that I would ever do that, I prefer nutcrackers... jaja.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

In Las Vegas the only place in which you can have open alcohol-containers is in the strip (Las Vegas boulevard where all the big hotels are). Other than that it is illegal to have a beer on the streets. I don't know about open spaces in private property like the front porch though...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Omg

Quote Originally Posted by Tamborista View Post
    You can't get a ticket on private property, especially your own, what are you talking about?

In NYC you can still walk around and drink a beer in a paper bag, as long as it is not a parade or organized event...not that I would ever do that, I prefer nutcrackers... jaja.
    i nearly fell off my seat reading the nutcracker comment! LOL
    personally....yeah i prefer those too! LOL
    good one Tambo

The Way Life Should Be...
    Post Thanks / Like

(Not that I would know )but Maine is like the DR, due to lack of enforcement, you can do whatever you want in the countryside. Lambada come drink your open container on my porch.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast