Sisbly found guilty in Haiti with time served.

May 29, 2006
Just on the news that she will be sent home to the US anytime. I didn't get if she has been released yet.

May 5, 2007
Little misleading

Just on the news that she will be sent home to the US anytime. I didn't get if she has been released yet.

I immediately thought she was found guilty of the original kidnapping charges, not convicted of arranging illegal travel as reported

She was convicted of some law Duvalier cooked up to prevent people from leaving Haiti.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
I immediately thought she was found guilty of the original kidnapping charges, not convicted of arranging illegal travel as reported

She was convicted of some law Duvalier cooked up to prevent people from leaving Haiti.

That's exactly the conviction. The kidnapping charges had long been dropped. It's a ludicrous assertion in light of the fact that Haiti had no functional government and there were a series of earthquakes going on at the time. How was one supposed to arrange "legal" travel?

May 29, 2006
The charges stem from incidents before the earthquake from what I remember. She didn't just fly in to POP the day after the earthquake. I hope to God she doesn't get a book/movie deal out of this, or if she does, she is forced to pay off her lawsuits first.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
That's exactly the conviction. The kidnapping charges had long been dropped. It's a ludicrous assertion in light of the fact that Haiti had no functional government and there were a series of earthquakes going on at the time. How was one supposed to arrange "legal" travel?

Apparently you didn't read all the articles on the matter that Lambada referenced in the earlier thread. She was told, warned, etc, etc, by officials and others but went ahead anyway.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/haiti-earthquake/100199-who-can-stop-tragedy.html

The others in her group said they were mislead and lied to by her.

Now she can go home and deal with the lawsuits against her there.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
thanks for saving the day ken2.

its a relief to have that other thread linked here, i was almost at my wits end with this new one.