Vet & Dog in Sosua

bullitt510

Apr 29, 2010
I am thinking of bringing a dog to Sosua to stay with my girl friend when I am away working. I have read about food access, but would like some input about the other ins and outs and support systems in place, Vet etc. What are some of the laws if any regarding working dogs. I think I have read that importing a dog is not a very big problem, thanks in advance for all of your help.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
You beat me to a reply, Lambada. Dr. Bob is a great vet and right there in Sosua.... agree that there are so many dogs here needing new homes that we may have considered differently before arriving here but we could never have left our animals behind so....

May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
Ditto Dr Bob; he's been looking after our animals well for a long time and one of the nicest/kindest people you can ever meet on the North Coast.

If you already have a dog and really want to 'import' it - it must have a rabies jab at least 30 days prior to entering the DR and also a health certificate signed by a vet.

Beware that most airlines will not carry dogs in the summer months as the air temps are too hot. American Airlines are very strict about that and I have been refused travel with a dog and seen Doctor Bob's own son refused travel by them when he was coming with his dogs.

Lastly, importing a dog will mean you having to sit in a hot office for a while whilst an official types with a single finger on an ancient typewriter, a long form - then you will be asked to pay some cash - we had to pay 1,500 pesos for our two JRT's 6 years ago.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
My favorite dog

...our two JRT's ...

Jack Russell Terriers

Thugs in White Clown Suits

funny-dog-pictures-dog-is-flying.jpg

Last edited:

bullitt510

Apr 29, 2010
Thanks for all the information, I will look into adoption when I'm back in July. I have looked at the web site , but would like to visit when I'm there. Talk to everyone later.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
So are you related to Dr. Bob? i mean he is a good vet and takes care of our dogs but your only two posts are on threads about him that are 2 and 5 years old?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Bob K