Broker

holland1974

Aug 13, 2008
Can anyone recommend a good broker to deal with customs when shipping a container to the DR.
Any information will be appreciated.:classic:

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
We live on the north coast and used a broker in SD as that is where our container was arriving. The company and contact person was
Matia Arias
La Rosa Del Monte Express
Worldwide Movers
Dominican Republic
Tel: 809-685-6256
Fax: 809-682-0472
It was flawless. They helped us with our one time exoneration (taxes) papers and delivered the container to our house with no problem. I would use them again in a heart beat. If you have any questions please PM me.

Bob K

wrightmandaddy

May 27, 2010
We live on the north coast and used a broker in SD as that is where our container was arriving. The company and contact person was
Matia Arias
La Rosa Del Monte Express
Worldwide Movers
Dominican Republic
Tel: 809-685-6256
Fax: 809-682-0472
It was flawless. They helped us with our one time exoneration (taxes) papers and delivered the container to our house with no problem. I would use them again in a heart beat. If you have any questions please PM me.

Bob K

if you dont mind can toy tell me was it a full standard continer,and a figure you paid for your move so i have and idea on my costs also did it include a car in your move thanks

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
if you dont mind can toy tell me was it a full standard continer,and a figure you paid for your move so i have and idea on my costs also did it include a car in your move thanks

Sorry, I'm not Bob K ....... but I used Hispaniola freight in SD (Wendoline was the contact) ... they have a website.
Container was 40 feet with furniture and a car all in one.
Price was about $4-5,000 from Philadelphia thru Newark to Caucedo.

Hispaniola did everything.... exoneration, delivery to the house

That price included transportation from Phila to the port in Newark.
The trip from Caucedo to the No Coast was extra - $800 for the furniture... delivered and put in place in the house.

There are several of these companies and the prices vary dramatically.... I had one quote for $13,000... so be careful and do your homework.

WW