Papers needed for Cedula

Daniel10

Apr 19, 2010
danny-in-dr.blogspot.com
Correct me if I'm wrong, please.
Been reading all over the place and want to make sure if I have all the info correctly.

Little history:
I'm living in Ireland for the last 6 years. But I hold a Dutch passport. I'm going to DR in about 2 months and want to get my papers ready.

As I live in Ireland for more than 5 years I need a paper of good behaviour from Ireland.
And of course a birth certificate from the Netherlands.

I've called with the DR embassy in the Netherlands and they said:
- Get proof of good behaviour in Ireland
- Get proof of good behaviour in the Netherlands
- Get birth certificate in the Netherlands

What about an apostille together with my birth certificate? Do I need it as well?

I'm a bit worried about the translations, there is no DR embassy in Ireland, and if I have an Irish document translated in NL, it might give some problems.

I've already found an official translator in NL, so no problems there.

Just need some legal advice, as it would be a waste to have everything ready and be declined on a little technicality.

Adol

May 12, 2010
You'll need a translator recognized HERE in DR, not in your country.

The cheapoest way is to get the Birth certificate with apostille and have it translated here (even by Dutch Embassy)..Same thing for good behaviours..And have them apostileld too!

Daniel10

Apr 19, 2010
danny-in-dr.blogspot.com
Still confused

The cheapoest way is to get the Birth certificate with apostille and have it translated here (even by Dutch Embassy)..Same thing for good behaviours..And have them apostileld too!

I'm not particular concerned about the cheapest way. More about the correct way. Although I'm well aware that that's a very gray area in DR...

I've spoken to the guy of the embassy myself, but he spoke no Dutch and only a little English. So I had a native Spanish speaker call again. He's from Madrid but he even had a hard time understanding the guy.

And if I need to explain to embassy personal that there is no Southern Ireland and that Northern Ireland is part of the UK... I'm better off thinking I'm none the wiser after contacting the embassy.
Republica Irlanda? Si? No?
I couldn't find a consul or embassy for the DR in Ireland, so I either have to contact the UK (should have done in the first place) or the one in NL...

I got one PM stating that for a cedula they will check with Interpol and that there is no need for a paper of good behaviour.

I will try to contact a lawyer in DR next week to sort out the papers and go with what that person tells me... If they get it wrong I'll sue them!

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
you don't need a certificate of good behaviour from Ireland or Holland. I got one from Holland myself (december 2009) had it legalized in the consulate of DR in Holland (40 euros and they were the ones telling me I needed that paper). And here in Santo Domingo in Migraci?n they tell me: we don't need that go and get the certifcate of good conduct from OUR country. So don't waste time and money on that and don't listen to what the consulate / embassy says, especially not in Holland.

Adol

May 12, 2010
You're sure you did that BEFORE january? the "good behaviour in YOUR country" is a new thing..

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
darn, couldn't find the posting now, but i know i've been reading posts not long ago about that thingy, and they told that if you are new here in the country you need the good conduct paper from back home in your country, if you are here in the DR since a specific while or longer you just need the paper from here.
to get one from here in the DR is easy and simple, it takes a 20 minutes of waiting only, bring your passport of course, and costs around 330 pesos if i remember my last one right.
Mike

Daniel10

Apr 19, 2010
danny-in-dr.blogspot.com
Thanks for that Mike! Missed your post and getting a bit worried now, time-wise...
How fixed is that 5 years? Any exceptions if you haven't lived for 5 years in your home country? as the DR embassy in the Netherlands mentioned 10 years.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
sorry, i don't know about any 5 years limits or rules.
you mentioned that you are from netherland but lifed the last years in ireland, i can not advice on such specific situation.
Mike

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
From Migraci?n's own website:
8.Certificado de no antecedentes penales reciente, expedido por el pa?s en donde haya residido los ?ltimos cinco (5) a?os. Cumpliendo con lo establecido en el numeral cinco (5).

9.Certificaci?n de no antecedentes penales, emitida por la Procuradur?a General de la Rep?blica. Con al menos diez (10) d?as de vigencia.

and number 5 reads:
5.Acta de nacimiento debidamente apostillada, si el Estado que la emite es signatario del convenio sobre la Eliminaci?n del Requisito de la Legalizaci?n de Documentos P?blicos Extranjeros. (Resoluci?n No.441-08 del Congreso Nacional).
Requisitos indispensables para obtener residencia provisional

So according to this, for residencia (not cedula) you need a buena conducta from the country you were living in for last 5 years AND a DR buena conducta not more than 10 days old at time of application. It doesn't say either/or. Although this might be what it means. Clearly if Daniel hasn't yet arrived in DR he can't get the DR buena conducta until after he gets here.