Expat meetings in Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buster1

Mar 25, 2009
Anyone know of any groups that get together for expats. Am canadian and would like to know if there is anything set up in the Cabarete area.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I was approached by someone today about this as I have this crumpled up piece of paper that I just pulled out om my pocket confirming that this is the same group.

I just hope Sylvia doesn't try to claim it was her idea...

Everyone is trying to make a buck in the DR and like Duke....I'm not giving the family recipe away!

YouTube - Funniest Bush's Baked Beans Commercial Yet (2007)

Buster1

Mar 25, 2009
I am talking about a group that gets together once a month or so, exchange ideas but are not charging a commission what is that for? Would be nice just to chat and refer to other people for items such as computer help, etc without charging

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
The whole idea of Nice People Networking is to have a get-together on a regular basis giving each participant the opportunity of promoting what they have to offer to others. Not all members attend every single fortnightly meeting by any means but everyone is welcome to introduce new members and bring them along so that, they to, are able to promote their offerings to others. As you can see by the business names and logos on the website, the people involved have very different businesses which they are promoting, for example from real estate to web design to a horse ranch to the AAAS (Friends of the Animals) charity to our very own barbecued piggies and much more.

So far, my experience with Nice People Networking has been a very good one and the idea was brought to this area by an ex-pat from New Zealand who, in his first months living here made some errors and mistakes (as we all have!) of employing 'disappointing' people to do a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.