Shipping to the DR

iamcanadian

May 17, 2010
Does anyone have any info on shipping household items from Canada to the DR? We wouldn't be shipping too much. Just some power tools, some kitchen stuff etc. I'd love to hear about various experiences and costs.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
if those power tools are absolutely necessary over here... and you cannot get them here, ship them, otherwise... I would say it will be damn expensive, so buy here

kitchen utensils.... depending on where you are going to live... but same answer... Ikea prob offers most of the stuff at... yesss... quite high prices... but if you calculate shipping costs and customs.... hmmmm... go to Ikea and enjoy their meatballs...

Good luck with the move...

iamcanadian

May 17, 2010
Thank you Belgiank. There's an Ikea??? Wow! We will see what prices we are quoted for shipping closer to the time of our move but I read that power tools are quite expensive in the DR. We are going to be coming down to the DR at least once a year till we are ready. Recon missions......yay! The town we want to live in is off the beaten trail so getting things like power tools may be an issue. Has anyone out there had experience with shipping stuff down and was it a good or bad experience?:)