Any good guide on getting a temporary residency permit ?

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
I assume you can only get a 1 year residency permit, how easy , difficult to get 1 ?

Search the forum and you will find enough reading material to last you a week.

The process is long and fatiguing and currently can take up to 8-9 months, after which you have to go through the entire process again one year later to get your "definitive" or "permanent" residency, which has to be renewed every two years. Virtually impossible to do the initial process on your own, a good immigration lawyer makes it easier, but will cost at least US$1,000 add to that the various DGM & JCE fees for issue of the cedula and residencia.
Good luck!

blonde_for_life

Mar 21, 2010
I have a good lawyer he does it for cheap and it takes only 2 months to get it done instead of the usual 6-9 months...

dilligafny

Jan 31, 2010
how about a seperate section for this?so new info can be added.lots of us are interested(and intimidated by the whole process)lol

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Ok the person we use is a wll known attorney in Santiago. I am not sure whe would wand to be posted on an open public forum. So for that reason I will be more then willing to share her info with you. Just PM me. We as well as most of our clients and friends have used this person

Bob K