Interesting news from England

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Yeah I know!! However, Dr. Wakefield, the guy who published an article in
"The Lancet" that linked basic shildren's vaccinations with Autism has been banned from practicing medicine in England.
The Decision says that the research was flawed and the the doctor abused his infantile subjects.

This article of Wakefield's has pushed tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of women to skip the basic vaccinations for mumps, whooping cough, measels etc...

This stupidity had been spread among Dominican women and families, and should be in tomorrow's news!!

HB

Daniel10

Apr 19, 2010
danny-in-dr.blogspot.com
It's not that far fetched.
David Rothscum Reports: Is Procter and Gamble funding a mass sterilization campaign?

I know this guy can be labelled a 'conspiracy theorist', but he does research his statements thoroughly and backs it up with facts.
Not saying it's all bad. But there is a lot of money to be made with medications, especially in the US where opposed to the EU advertising for medications is allowed.
Stats about heart-diseases and cancer in the US don't always compare to countries like Japan, China and other countries. Don't know what's the cause, but I am very sceptical about some added ingredients in medicine.
The Caribbean with weaker governments could be easily flooded with medication that's not thoroughly tested and serve as a test-bed to see how well or how bad it works.
Not saying to stay away from vaccinations, just saying that you have to be careful. And most people, including myself, do not have the proper knowledge to know what each individual ingredient can do to the human body. If we have to rely on the information given by a public company that might have more loyalty towards their shareholders than the people they try to help, you just have to be a bit careful.
Off topic but slightly related: trying to dump GM-seeds in Haiti is a prime example. (see: David Rothscum Reports: How genetically manipulated food threatens the survival of our species)

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
I don't know the case of Dr. Wakefield, haven't read anything about it yet.

Comparisons concirning heart diseases between Western Countries and especially Japan show that the Japanese people have a much lower grade of heart diseases due to their daily diet of raw fish.

Every western country/compagny who makes medicines and who wants to do clinical trials on that medicin in any other country have to go through a very tough Regulatory Affairs Audit so "fairy tails" about not tested medicins tried out on thirth world countries is not a correct fact.

Clinical trials for new medicins on different target groups in different stages from Phase I to Phase IV are so strictly controlled and the target groups have to meet the requirements of that specific trial, that most trials do not involve patients from thirth world countries unless the specific drug is going to be of some assistance to them and still then the western compagnie who does the trial is very rigulous audited from within the compagny and from without by for example the FDA.

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Since Wakefield came out with his "findings" some parents have decided that getting the inoculation would cause more harm than good. It is now being reported throughout Canada and Britain that there is a significant increase in the cases of measles and mumps. His bogus research has negatively impacted the entire system of childhood inoculations.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
The thing is that he has been banned from practising in Britain but doesn't he live in Texas now?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
We used to get taken to parties in England where there was someone there who had measles or mumps or chicken pox so we would get it young and hence less badly than when we were older!! If a child had one of those then the parents would invite all the friends so that we would all get it!!

Matilda

Daniel10

Apr 19, 2010
danny-in-dr.blogspot.com
But it's so inconvenient when your child has the measles. You have to take time of work to take care of your child, or worse hire a babysit. Because the child can't go to kindergarten any more. Do you know how much that costs?
Plus that any person that isn't resistant and at an older age could be very sick and could even die.
Agree with Matilda, why can't nature have it's course. No harm done!

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
As it turns out.....

I spoke to the old biddy about this tonight and she said I got taken to a chicken pox party when I was a nipper, but measles and mumps were regarded as a bad thing - even back in the day...

Apparently,without adequate health care they can be deadly.

My Granny reckons that measles can express itself as shingles in adults - apparently a very unpleasant malady with which to be stricken - but she is about 276 years old (and completely bonkers) and in her day people used to die of 'flu and ingrowing toenails...

Whoodathunk?

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
No. Chicken pox(Varicela) in children is harmless but in adults can be fatal. That is shingles. Thats why they do the pox parties. I need to find someone with that so I do the pox party myself.
Rubella is Measles. I thought that was extinct. Whoa you old fogeys better be careful. No more bangers and mash for youse!

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
No. Chicken pox(Varicela) in children is harmless but in adults can be fatal. That is shingles. Thats why they do the pox parties. I need to find someone with that so I do the pox party myself.
Rubella is Measles. I thought that was extinct. Whoa you old fogeys better be careful. No more bangers and mash for youse!

All the girls at school got the 'Rubella' vaccine.
Rubella is 'German Measles' - so we were told.
If you get this when you are pregnant it can cause all sorts of hideous deformities in the newborn child.
The girls were given the vaccine- the boys were not.

Shingles sounds kind of crappy too though..

My brother in law got it when my nephew got chicken pox last year...

eeuuuugggghhhh!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I need to find someone with that so I do the pox party myself.

Might want to think about rewording with all of us Brits posting on this thread..........:cheeky:

but she is about 276 years old (and completely bonkers)

You'll regret this highly amusing family cameo, mark my words young man ;). Somebody, somewhere is likely to pick this up & talk about apples not falling far from trees..........hopefully this post will act as a deterrent.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Might want to think about rewording with all of us Brits posting on this thread..........:cheeky:

You'll regret this highly amusing family cameo, mark my words young man ;). Somebody, somewhere is likely to pick this up & talk about apples not falling far from trees..........hopefully this post will act as a deterrent.

Ah well, as it happened Pedro just fell off his bike and is no more....

He had to go...shame but there you go....

But seriously - she is as mad as blue cheese!

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009

Rubella in pregnancy is very dangerous.

Throwing a "pox party" might attract some dubious attendees, don't you think? ;)

Stuart Polkinghorne

Nov 13, 2008
Off topic but slightly related: trying to dump GM-seeds in Haiti is a prime example. (see: David Rothscum Reports: How genetically manipulated food threatens the survival of our species)

this topic needs a thread and should be talked about as it impacts us here in the DR and the rest of the world.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros

this topic needs a thread and should be talked about as it impacts us here in the DR and the rest of the world.

Don't worry! Anything that's tried in Haiti dies a miserable death...
Those seeds will see a fire before the see soil to come about...

If you think you have seen a lot of conspiracy theorists in the developed world, you haven't talked to a Haitian before!
They'll tell you those seeds are meant to make men sterile and alter the bodies of Haitian women, who'll have less female babies born to them...

Another guy will say that those are the seeds of the devil (the white man), trying to kill everything that still grows in Haiti.

You can't dump toxic waste in Haiti, even if you paid all the people there! Now, if you can make them do it themselves that would be a whole different story...

E

engineerfg

Don't worry! Anything that's tried in Haiti dies a miserable death...
Those seeds will see a fire before the see soil to come about...

If you think you have seen a lot of conspiracy theorists in the developed world, you haven't talked to a Haitian before!
They'll tell you those seeds are meant to make men sterile and alter the bodies of Haitian women, who'll have less female babies born to them...

Another guy will say that those are the seeds of the devil (the white man), trying to kill everything that still grows in Haiti.

You can't dump toxic waste in Haiti, even if you paid all the people there! Now, if you can make them do it themselves that would be a whole different story...

I know you're not trying to be funny, but your statements are sad and funny all at the same time. lol.

I was once told in Haiti that Aristide was actually Jesus and George Bush was the Devil. As with all the good conspiracy theories, there's always an ounce of truth mixed into the medley ;)