Expo Jarabacoa

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The coffee, ecotourism, greenhouse clusters of Jarabacoa, UAFAM, along with USAID and the Dominican Sustainable Tourism Alliance are sponsoring a Fair in Jarabacoa next weekend, Thursday afternoon thru Sunday, June 3-6.

The location is on the field across from the Texaco station as you come into town.

There will be all sorts of exhibits, food, drink, bands and entertainment.

The purpose is to promote the good works being done by the various Clusters in the area and let people learn about this wonderful town for themselves.

There are vendor tents available if you have a product or service to promote.

Primera Feria Agroforestal y Ecoturistica de JARABACOA

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
we, as Blazing Furies, will be there to give some demo's in security and dogfrisbee...

The location is great, and if the weather wants to cooperate it should be a great event...

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Besides exhibits and local vendors, here is a schedule of events:

31351_466153834464_617459464_6062347_7250246_n.jpg

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
we will be giving a demo for a little more than an hour, including guns, fire, and of course dogs... hey, this sounds like everyday life here... hmmmm....;)

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
expo was great, and organisation was quite good... unfortunately the weather played hell at the end of the day...

hope tomorrow is as good, and weather better at the end of the day...:bunny:

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I'd like to see some photos and videos from this.
We posted some pics on the website last night: Primera Feria Agroforestal y Ecoturistica de JARABACOA

Go to the "inicio" page, a photo gallery is there.

We'll post some more tonight.

The expo has exceeded everyones expectations. Every vendor tent has been sold and over 20 have been turned away.

Great exhibits, food, drink, music, you name it.

The expo goes through tomorrow evening. And even with yesterday's rain the grounds are dry.

BTW-belgiank puts on an excellent show!

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
The Expo has wifi. I'm posting this from the fair...

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I spotted our Friends, Eric and Isabel that are currently visiting Jarabacoa from New York in the second picture. The weather looks OK and not too bad a turn out. I n my opinion there is great potential in Jarabacoa for artisans work, organic food products...etc. Ecotourism, if more locals can caught on to the idea that clean water and countryside attracts outside dollars can expand in a number of direction also.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I spotted our Friends, Eric and Isabel that are currently visiting Jarabacoa from New York in the second picture. The weather looks OK and not too bad a turn out. I n my opinion there is great potential in Jarabacoa for artisans work, organic food products...etc. Ecotourism, if more locals can caught on to the idea that clean water and countryside attracts outside dollars can expand in a number of direction also.
bob, those pics were yesterday. Today's turnout is much larger. Stay tuned for more...

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
we will be posting some pics as well tomorrow... great expo... great turn-out... great fun with the kids there...

in reality, not much to complain about... hmmm... that is something new here...

all joking aside... next year we will be there, with pleasure, and already looking forward to it...