Financial status checks.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Do these exist for cedula applications. Some say yes some say no. I presume not everyone none Dominican here is comfortable enough to have 15,000US plus sitting in the bank.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Do these exist for cedula applications. Some say yes some say no. I presume not everyone none Dominican here is comfortable enough to have 15,000US plus sitting in the bank.

Hire a good lawyer and your temporary residencia will be a lot easier. You just need to open a bank account. Only minimum is bank requirement.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Can you advise on a good lawyer please, I{d like to start the process asap.

Last edited:

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Can you advise on a good lawyer please, I{d like to start the process asap.

I used the Guzman law firm for temporary residence and am now waiting for permanent residence card. They have an office in Santo Domingo and English speaking staff. First thing I would start working on is getting your birth certificat legalized as that seems to be the hardest thing to do. Are you from the USA?

drlawyer.com

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Just responed to your PM. It was a breeze and less expensive then most.

Let me know if you need more info.

Bob K

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Thankyou all.
Although I am running through all the info on the web and it all states that 500,000pesos or 17,000US is needed in the bank. Or a letter of contract for work. Seems odd as I am unable to work until I get my cedula.
I am the legal and registered father of my daughter, do you think she is worth 17,000US?

Is this an unspoken none existant expectation or is it real. I find it difficult to believe everyone who comes here for a year or so has money in the bank. Surely some are like me and here for personal reasons, child and only looking for a job to support them.
I have read some posts on here about people shouldn?t be here without lots of money, but I have been around for quite some time and seem to have managed to make a comfortable enough living without having a stack in the bank.

I am hoping someone is going to tell me this 1000US lawyer fee makes this requirement vanish,,,,,anyone?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
......I am hoping someone is going to tell me this 1000US lawyer fee makes this requirement vanish,,,,,anyone?

Anastacio, to the best of my knowledge there is only one DR lawyer on this board who can give you a correct answer. Instead of going by hearsay just hire a reputable lawyer and do as instructed.