Caught in the Codetel Innerweb Suck Vortex

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I've got 230k/down/40k up, ping 391. Should be getting 1.5m/756k.

Been going on all day.

Anybody else enjoying the Codetel suck experience?

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I've got 230k/down/40k up, ping 391. Should be getting 1.5m/756k.

Been going on all day.

Anybody else enjoying the Codetel suck experience?

I found that I had a problem with Codetel yesterday. Phoned them at 11.00 (that's AM according to the 24 hour clock!) & got my Report number. They were knocking on my door at 08.45 this morning & wanting to be let in to fix it! As I was not dressed for the occasion I had to send the tecnicos away requesting they return after 11.00.

They were back by 15.00 hours, had the problem located & fixed within 15 minutes & the main tecnico refused our offer of a small present to be brought out from the UK next week for his newborn son who arrived at the weekend.

Can't fault the Codetel tecnicos when you find a good one. Just like American Express card (or is it Access??) ................. PRICELESS!! ~ Grahame.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Just so I know, would you be so kind as to send me a PM with the cost of this highest of high speed DSL>>>?? I just have a basic plan and I get downloads at around 80kps.

I don;t know if that is good or bad.

HB

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Just so I know, would you be so kind as to send me a PM with the cost of this highest of high speed DSL>>>?? I just have a basic plan and I get downloads at around 80kps.

I don;t know if that is good or bad.

HB
The 1.5/756k plan is like RD$3650 with taxes.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
A shame definitely, specially those reported by JDJones who lives in Santo Domingo. Verizon was expensive but consistent and had quality, this is a joke.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
But Carolos Slim Hel? is now the world's richest man...go figure, and they say he does not even own a computer!!

HB

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
But Carolos Slim Hel? is now the world's richest man...go figure, and they say he does not even own a computer!!

HB

He also puts a little money as possible into infrastructure. Take a look at TelMex.

Keep talking up and buying Verizon, keep my pension coming

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
Its a really same verizon sold his company here, I heard that wasnt in their plans to sold DR operations, Slim was smart and told me with DR operations or nothing, I also heard that he is dismounting part of the DR infraestructure and moving to Mexico, that is why DR telecomunications Quality has been getting degradated.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
There's been some comment in the papers in the last week or two, the Competitive Council (CEI-RD) and Indotel warning that it could cost the DR a lot in terms of competitiveness, as if it needed crappy telecoms along with all the electricity problems.
It is very noticeable. I know we all used to complain about Verizon but it's really much worse now.

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
There's been some comment in the papers in the last week or two, the Competitive Council (CEI-RD) and Indotel warning that it could cost the DR a lot in terms of competitiveness, as if it needed crappy telecoms along with all the electricity problems.
It is very noticeable. I know we all used to complain about Verizon but it's really much worse now.

100% of Codetel users are agree with you, its too bad that the other companies dont want to take advantage of it, VIVA till now has much better service, but they dont look to have a lot money to invest in coverage and some services, I think in cople of years that will be number one here.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Speeds are back to normal as of this morning. Codetel tech said they has a "nationwide" problem.

I'm sure they knew that when we called in our problem. I get steamed when we have to go through their BS, you know, hooking the computer directly to the ethernet and doing all those tests when it OBVIOUS it's ~their~ problem...:tired:

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Its a really same verizon sold his company here, I heard that wasnt in their plans to sold DR operations, Slim was smart and told me with DR operations or nothing, I also heard that he is dismounting part of the DR infraestructure and moving to Mexico, that is why DR telecomunications Quality has been getting degradated.

Verizon sold the DR,and their shares of PR, and Venezuela operations to Carlos, as part of the deal to obtain his shares of MCI when they bought it.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
FWIW Tricom said they were going to invest $USD44.0 MM in their infrastructure. They need much more than that to be able to compete against Codetel's vast DR network.

What ****es me about Codetel is that they have a really mature network in the DR set, and even then they are having serious reliability problems. Indotel's Head Jose Rafael Vargas is ****ed too about the mobile phone network status in the DR.