Playa Grande Golf Course

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
Any idea's how to reduce the INCREDIBLY high fee's this golf course offers?

Price per person

18 Holes $110 + 16% surcharge $126.60 U.S

Caddie Charge (mandatory) $30.00 U.S

Total $156.60 U.S

I appreciate some people may find the fee's reasonable, and indeed may suggest playing at Playa Dorada for a cheaper fee.
I am aware if you join Santiago Golf Course there is a 'members discount' in place for playing at Playa Dorada, if anyone knows a similar scheme that applies with Playa Grande Golf Course, I'd be grateful for your responses.

J&T

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
I thought Playa Grande went private by 2008? :ermm:

http://www.dr1.com/forums/travel-qu...-prestiged-members-only-golf-club-course.html

But enjoy it, while you still can! ...,

In 2008, Playa Grande will become a private golf course for resident members.
In the meantime, it is open to the public. You can reserve a tee-time by contacting:

Lliliany G?mez

Reservations Coordinator

Playa Grande Golf Course

lgomez@playagrande.com

Tel. 809-582-0860 ext. 32

Fax. 809-582-9884
New York Office
Tel. 917-338-6148

By 2008
What is going to take place in Playa Grande is in fact going to happen and any one who wants to cry the blues is to late, except it as fact as the money is laid down and nothing is going to stop this project. unless you have deeper pockets then Playa Grande Holdings Inc. (A.K.A. Herbert Koler and company Ltd. )

Aegap,

Here is a tip with how to "deal" with DR1ers.

1. Make your case.

2. Let time prove you right.

;)

The bad thing of this is time, but once the time passes and what you say becomes apparent, well then your job is done.

Malibrook and all the others who might not understand or don't want to understand (I don't know which one is true) will eventually see what you are saying once the project takes off and such, if what you are saying is true.

I understood what you meant from the first post you posted regarding this, but what I don't know is if what you are saying is the strategy being used for the Playa Grande project. If so, it's a smart bet.

When people want something they think they can't have, the illusion becomes real and the price shoots for the skies.

-NALs

According to my sources, 'Utopia' for Playa Grande is not 'up in the air', on the contrary, it is firmly grounded. The main promoter for the project is Mr Delio Gonzalez...

-

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I believe the U.S. economy overshadowed imminent plans.
So much so Lindsey that the US corporation sold it last year (or was it TWO years ago) to a British Holding/Development company I am informed. SAME results of course ........ things delayed yet awhile!!

I have just come off the telephone to the Pro shop in PG who informed me the expected (& announced) June closing is now delayed for at least another couple of months - i.e. they have heard nothing about a specific date for closing the course.

J & T's future.
Look through some of my past posts on your requirements. See if anything appeals to you & if so drop me a PM. Is this just for yourself or are you taking others along? How often are you likely to play there?

Playa Dorada is not that much less expensive than PG unless you have residencia, play after 4.00 PM or (as you correctly state) you are a member of Santiago course. I know Playa Dorada accepts the FedoGolf card for a reduction in rates but the 'Free Round' once offered is now not available!!

Hope this helps ~ Grahame.
Note for the North Coast Charity Tournament guys ............
Why don't we play this years tourney down at Playa Grande?? OK, I accept that a few might not want to travel that far & would back out of playing, ...... but the day would be fun down there if we got enough players/sponsors etc. Any Dates set yet?

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Hope this helps ~ Grahame.
Note for the North Coast Charity Tournament guys ............
Why don't we play this years tourney down at Playa Grande?? OK, I accept that a few might not want to travel that far & would back out of playing, ...... but the day would be fun down there if we got enough players/sponsors etc. Any Dates set yet?
[/QUOTE]

Hi Graham. A group of us were down to PG on Weds. Used our free fedogolf coupon. We were told course will now be closing in September. Scenery and layout of course were outstanding but conditioning is becoming questionable. Summer rates are US $48 plus caddy (I still have a problem paying a caddy $20 to walk around a golf course for 3.5 hours and do nothing else when a man working a 10 hour day in construction is making approx half of that). Highway is fully paved the whole way there now - makes for a much nicer drive.

As for the 3rd Annual North Coast Charity Classic, we will be meeting very shortly to set a date. We are looking at mid Sept. We have discussed PG in the past for the tournament but feel that "driving under the influence" might be an issue if we had the tourney there. As well it has been hard to set a date with them as their 'closing date' seems to always be in the near future. More tournament news in the near future....tom