Hip?lito Mej?a back to Presidency?

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009
What are his chances to become again President and to bring the country back to order?

What are advatages and disadvantages of this scenario for us foreigners living here?

What was he remembered mostly for?

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
He was primarily remembered for massive corruption and extreme stupidity.

( I draw many parallels between Hip?lito and "W" in the US).

the latin "H" may be the US american letter "W" thou, lol.
been known to stop prior started road constructions to split the therefor spent money from the worldbank within friends/family.
Mike

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Leonel has bled the system so much that there is nothing left. Whoever gets elected is in for..............

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
c'on Eddy,
don't tell me nothing changed for better compared to 10 or 15 years back.
sure nothing is perfect, in which country anything would be?,
but i say that schools and access to education improoved, the same for medic assistance, and for sure we have better roads todays.
i don't think they are on a bad road considering from where they had to start to run a gubmin business a decade ago compared to todays.
hey,
some countries run a 'modern' educated gubmin system since a hundred years and still elect corrupt leaders, even that they are educated enough to run a better camouflage over their activities.
o.k.,
i count the Metro myself as the death penalty for the country's income,
it will bring nothing more than huge debts.
Mike

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
What are his chances to become again President and to bring the country back to order?

What are advatages and disadvantages of this scenario for us foreigners living here?

What was he remembered mostly for?

The same chances I have of becoming POTUS.

Reactions: bienamor

pkaide1

Bronze
Aug 10, 2005
Do not be surprised, he could be re-elected, if he campaign specifically for the poor, uneducated population which is the majority in the country.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Hmmm, what was the name of that national bank that went belly up? And wasn't Hipo someway implicated?

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
El camino malo esta cerrado...

Hipolito on Facebook

JJ

Boy oh boy, THAT link! :cheeky:
Some of the posts on there go a great length to question the political maturity of the potential electorate! "llego PAPA!" :ermm:
What if the majority who have been held down and away from "education" actually decides to believe that stuff?

Look. I have come to believe that most anybody can become a President (again) here. It just depends on how SMART and determined that someone is. I know Hipolito has not earned the label of having being the most intelligent one, but I fear he MIGHT be smart enough to stir up the "masses", the uneducated and poor majority, in his favor again. Once he'd have that electoral force behind him again, the "educated" balance will automatically start to migrate towards him... nothing more attractive than a potential winner, now is there?
He may also benefit from a "protest" vote attractiveness, now that LF seems hell bound to become the new Balaguer (perpetual president).

There is no way of telling.

... J-D.