m/phone service in Santiago, DR

jb1

May 28, 2010
Will be there during the month of June, if I have an Orange GSM activated prepaid,
can I call and email the usa without x-tra charges:cheeky:

harry2010

Apr 27, 2010
Is getting a landline a big deal in DR?
my brother is over there i would like to talk to him more often i found out that I could call from my cell to DR with no additional charges if calling a landline number not Cell phones. Is it a money issue because they told me every one they know so far has cell no home phone. Is it the area? they are close to San Pedro de macoris

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Fairly simple to get a land line - if there is capacity in the area. Be careful what kind of plan you get. Do not get an open plan or the bills skyrocket.

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
my brother is over there i would like to talk to him more often i found out that I could call from my cell to DR with no additional charges if calling a landline number not Cell phones. Is it a money issue because they told me every one they know so far has cell no home phone. Is it the area? they are close to San Pedro de macoris

harry2010:
In Santiago I have had a landline with no problem I guess close to San Pedro de Macoris maybe the same.
I have Codetel, just tell your brother go there and find out all the plans they have and see which one suits you guys. *(Just make sure about the plan you choose, because it is not like the States that you can change it easy I went through a nightmare when I decided to change the plan for a third time)**lol..
I choose Codetel because they have more choices and the internet as well.
Also, Tricom is another telephone company that provides landlines.
Codetel has plans starting at RD700.00 pesos a month.
Hope this can help, any other question please feel free to ask.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004

I would use STANA CARD ~ CALLING CARD OF THE NEXT GENERATION, A DR1 member recommended it to me and it is far better than anything else. To call a DR cell is 9 cents a minute, but actually 4.5 cents as you get double credit when you put in a referral code to buy credit.(368073 is nice referral code, mine)

The best part is there is no fee and you can create direct dial numbers for everyone you call, therefore no codes or pins to enter. Its called a smartdial number.

I heard the connection to the DR landlines via Metropcs is really bad.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
my two cents worth...

i heard from several dominican friends that tricom is the only service, which is reliable in rates... they give what they promise you...

I cannot vouch for this, as in Jarabacoa, Tricom is a very minor player...

What I can tell you is, that it is far cheaper to call, by claro or orange, from the DR to Europe, than the other way around ( about 10 times that expensive)

we can call to europe for around 10 pesos per minute... the other way round... wowwwwww

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
as an example mi esposa called her parents in Belgium for about 35 minutes, and by claro it was around 150 pesos.... not too bad I think..