Mother's Day gift

North coast newbie

Jul 30, 2006
Do you think that my long term Dominican girlfriend will expect a Mother's day gift from me? She is a mother but not MY mother. What is the tradition here?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Do you think that my long term Dominican girlfriend will expect a Mother's day gift from me? She is a mother but not MY mother. What is the tradition here?

Do you really have to ask this question?

Buy her RD200 worth of flowers or candy and look like Prince Charming!

Who knows...maybe you'll even get a little on Sunday?

Last edited:

North coast newbie

Jul 30, 2006
You have a point there. As I remember last year we spent the morning in bed and she spent the afternoon with her children and grandchildren. Maybe this year I'll tag along for the afternoon festivities.

senorblanco

Jun 11, 2006
All Dominican gals with kids want presents on Mother's Day. They are the mothers they don't care if your their child or not. They want to be gifted just for being mothers !
I'm like you newbie. Mine has a kid but it's not my kid. You think that has stopped her from saying,"No olvides Domingo!" all week long LOL

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
All Dominican gals with kids want presents on Mother's Day. They are the mothers they don't care if your their child or not. They want to be gifted just for being mothers !
I'm like you newbie. Mine has a kid but it's not my kid. You think that has stopped her from saying,"No olvides Domingo!" all week long LOL

I had one several years ago that said the same thing except she added,
"Quiero una buena cena en su lugar!" I should have bought some flowers and some M&Ms instead:p

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
when is mothers day in the dr.
don't know all the customs so appreciate any info i get :)
in canada it's May 9th