looking for an apartment rental..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandudette

May 10, 2007
hi guys!

im looking for an apartment for me and my fiance to rent in santo domingo.. fully furnished.. cheap as possibly as on a tight budget.. im moving from england and he already loves in santo domingo.. so just looking for a bit of help if anyone has any ideas..?

thanks!! :p

Dani

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
If he already lives in Santo Domingo why the hell isn't he finding an apartment??? His country, his city, his girlfriend - his work.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
yea, thats a pertinent issue. It should be much easier if the guy is already here. What you should be asking is what are good areas to recommend that he go looking?

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Now that is good question RacerX.

To the OP - if you do everything then he will expect it. MAKE him take some responsibility from the first day OR you will wear it in the end. Do not let him off the hook - do not accept his excuses - tell him to get it done.

Asking for assistance with areas is always a good idea. But besides your budget decide what is important - better electricity - good access to public transportation - if you will work closer to your workplace or his - do you need internet access etc.

There is a lot that will go into this decision.

dandudette

May 10, 2007
oh dear you have jumped in wrongly.. he iis looking.. and actually hasnt asked for my help he is very much the sort of guy that likes to get it done.. but WE are looking.. and just started.. and i wanted to get any info i could whilst he is working to give him a head start thats all.. he takes responsiility for everything and hasnt given me any excuses hahaha was just me genuinly asking so i could have input in where we will live...

thankss any way

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Your guy in the ground is going to have much better luck than you trying to do it online.

I suggest you wait and see what he comes up with.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Now that is good question RacerX.

To the OP - if you do everything then he will expect it. MAKE him take some responsibility from the first day OR you will wear it in the end. Do not let him off the hook - do not accept his excuses - tell him to get it done.

Asking for assistance with areas is always a good idea. But besides your budget decide what is important - better electricity - good access to public transportation - if you will work closer to your workplace or his - do you need internet access etc.

There is a lot that will go into this decision.

I d say I would want someplace afar from the riff-raff, reliable electricity. Careless about transportation, or schools, but I like to close to a market(not a colmado), maybe a lavanderia or bookstore. Then you get to the frivolous amenities, pool, recreation center(gym), disco, restaurants.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
I d say I would want someplace afar from the riff-raff, reliable electricity. Careless about transportation, or schools, but I like to close to a market(not a colmado), maybe a lavanderia or bookstore. Then you get to the frivolous amenities, pool, recreation center(gym), disco, restaurants.

Affordable and away from riff raff - may not be mutually exclusive.

Lavanderia - that is the lady next door or down the block.

bookstore - do you read in Spanish? english book stores??? dont think so.

Pool rec center etc..... again good luck with that. Public access pools are rare. Gyms do exist but not like in north america

Discos and restaurants - now that is easy.....;)

donP

Dec 14, 2008
She knows him well.

If he already lives in Santo Domingo why the hell isn't he finding an apartment??

Well, the OP said he already loves in SD... :cheeky:
And for that he may very well have an apartment also.
No te preocupes.

donP

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
I thought you were trying to get your fiance a flight to the UK? Have plans changed, are you now going to live in the DR?

Rio

dandudette

May 10, 2007
no plans havent changed..
he is coming here just for a vacation.. then we are setteling in santo domingo! :)

dandudette

May 10, 2007
no he has too much going on in the dr..
he is a musician and a music producer with a good job and five bands to go back to.. so no chance of him staying here.. plus the cost of living here wont give us room to breathe and live! so dr life is where we will stay!! :)

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
no he has too much going on in the dr..
he is a musician and a music producer with a good job and five bands to go back to.. so no chance of him staying here.. plus the cost of living here wont give us room to breathe and live! so dr life is where we will stay!! :)

Then I am sure he will be able to find an apartment for you both.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
People are too worried about the sanky sindrome, why don't you guys worry about helping her getting an apartments instead of only saying his boyfriend is the one who should get it. Too much generalization...

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
People are too worried about the sanky sindrome, why don't you guys worry about helping her getting an apartments instead of only saying his boyfriend is the one who should get it. Too much generalization...

Now then! The sankey syndrome is certainly not what I am worrying about, couldn't be arsed one way or the other. I was merely stating the obvious that if the OP is in the UK whilst her Dominican bf is in SD then I would of thought that he would be the one best placed, for many reasons, to find an apartment.
Spend a little less time chastising other posters and find something more constructive for your time and efforts. :tired:

Rio

dandudette

May 10, 2007
i must admit i did think the same as extremeR
that i was simply asking for some advice on apartments and i suddenly got hit with comments saying i shouldnt accept his excuses hahaha when he hasnt given any hehe! as no he is not a sanky.. and we are a relationship a couple not a dictatorship and if i could find som apartments for him to check out then it would help our situation.. as well as me having some say in where we will live.. but thanks for all your help anyway.. (Y) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.