Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default looking for an apartment rental..

hi guys!

im looking for an apartment for me and my fiance to rent in santo domingo.. fully furnished.. cheap as possibly as on a tight budget.. im moving from england and he already loves in santo domingo.. so just looking for a bit of help if anyone has any ideas..?

thanks!!

Dani

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

If he already lives in Santo Domingo why the hell isn't he finding an apartment??? His country, his city, his girlfriend - his work.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

yea, thats a pertinent issue. It should be much easier if the guy is already here. What you should be asking is what are good areas to recommend that he go looking?

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that is good question RacerX.

To the OP - if you do everything then he will expect it. MAKE him take some responsibility from the first day OR you will wear it in the end. Do not let him off the hook - do not accept his excuses - tell him to get it done.

Asking for assistance with areas is always a good idea. But besides your budget decide what is important - better electricity - good access to public transportation - if you will work closer to your workplace or his - do you need internet access etc.

There is a lot that will go into this decision.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

oh dear you have jumped in wrongly.. he iis looking.. and actually hasnt asked for my help he is very much the sort of guy that likes to get it done.. but WE are looking.. and just started.. and i wanted to get any info i could whilst he is working to give him a head start thats all.. he takes responsiility for everything and hasnt given me any excuses hahaha was just me genuinly asking so i could have input in where we will live...

thankss any way

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Your guy in the ground is going to have much better luck than you trying to do it online.

I suggest you wait and see what he comes up with.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks robert.. i wasnt sure what was better

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMV123 View Post
    Now that is good question RacerX.

To the OP - if you do everything then he will expect it. MAKE him take some responsibility from the first day OR you will wear it in the end. Do not let him off the hook - do not accept his excuses - tell him to get it done.

Asking for assistance with areas is always a good idea. But besides your budget decide what is important - better electricity - good access to public transportation - if you will work closer to your workplace or his - do you need internet access etc.

There is a lot that will go into this decision.
    I d say I would want someplace afar from the riff-raff, reliable electricity. Careless about transportation, or schools, but I like to close to a market(not a colmado), maybe a lavanderia or bookstore. Then you get to the frivolous amenities, pool, recreation center(gym), disco, restaurants.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you racer x for that bit of helpful information.. its appreciated

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast