Bookeeper needed-english speaker

drgringo

Apr 25, 2009
Small startup company incorp in USA, also registerd(RNC) in the DR.

So far no real DR biz activity other than established a local bank account.

Not sure exactly what the filing requirement are for the DR but would like to seek the assistance of a reasonably priced bookeeper to assist in filings and year end audits. As the activity has been somewhat dormant, we prefer not to retain the services on a monthly fee basis, rather work as required.

Any recommendations??

Thanks in advance!

cuas

May 29, 2006
Having worked as an accountant for many years in the past I still have contact with my friends. The only problem is the English. Also my brother in law is an accountant, my nephew's wife (just graduated) works for an accountant's firm. If you want I can ask her if somebody in the firm is bilingual. My brother in law was learning English but I do not know how well is his English.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
My brother-in-law is a bookeeper/accountant living in Santiago. His education is in that discipline.

He works p/t for a financiera from 8am-12pm, so he has some time available.

He speaks OK English as long as the words aren't too complex.

He is totally honest and trustworthy.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
i could give you the contact info of my own accountant in santo domingo, but her english is not on top.
she's 100% trustworthy, runs all my business related account stuff and taxes etc etc since years, all contact done by internet, easy and simple, i pay her 7000 pesos per month and an extra 7000 for the year's closure.
Mike

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
And my god-daughter has experience in Zona Franca and is a graduate accountant. Santiago, English so-so, but numbers a multi-lingual. We all seem to have someone who needs a job or can use the work!!

HB

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
yes Louis,
after long years around on the Isle i guess we figured out who is trustworthy and who to avoid, we should recommend the reliable small business people more often and bring them new business, to give benefit for truthful reliable work done.
i know my accountant b/c she is the sister of a friend's wife, he is from Belgium and runs his own business here since around 15 years, the Fun Buggy Excursion in Punta Cana bavaro. many years ago when i've been on the look for a new accountant b/c i fired my own one he recommended her and i stick to her since then.
the reason why i fired the ole one:
after a year's closure i received a letter from the great dom rep gubmin/IRS about the still open amount of money i owe them, with all details, including all the stuff i paid through my accountant during that prior year, he always provided me with receipts from rentas internas every month etc etc. they all been just a fraud, some crap of papers. to rentas internas of course i had to pay the full bill, they been right, my taxes never been paid to them. yes, i got the biggest part of my payments back from the guy, through a 'private settlement', a bit the way "my gun shoots quicker than yours", he paid me back in several monthly quotas, lol.
since i have the new Lady all looks fine and in order.
one thing is the same all over the world:
what ever BS you plan to do, don't mess with the Taxes or they mess with you, lol.
Mike

drgringo

Apr 25, 2009
Any recommended bilingual/english speaking book keepers in SD??

Very easy small business startup, with minimal transactions.

Nov 25, 2008
isn't it funny that the word TRUSTWORTHY is mentioned a lot.
normally its a word NOT used in the states; I guess when applying for a job
you have to motivate the idea that you are NOT a thief.

Like the VAST majority

drgringo

Apr 25, 2009
isn't it funny that the word TRUSTWORTHY is mentioned a lot.
normally its a word NOT used in the states; I guess when applying for a job
you have to motivate the idea that you are NOT a thief.

Like the VAST majority

Yes its a word that cannot be taken for granted here as is not the norm. This is exactly why I have posted this on DR1 as to get recomendations from fellow gringos who may have had experience dealing with said individuals.
Unfortunately from what i see so far, its not easy to find an english speaking bookeeper in SD, wtf????

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
I know someone here looking for an english speaking bookeeper as well.

Is there really no referrals here??

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Pass on their details to me .I would like to talk ,Thanks

are you a licensed legal "Contable"?
if english speaking a good number of people here would be interested in your contact details.
but please provide some details about your business here first, like e-mail address, location of your Office, of course a full name. office phone number,
without such details nobody should take you serious as a professional offereing legal services.
Mike