The Dominican that showed up early

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Hi everybody. Just informing everyone that my son arrived to this world via emergency c/s on Thursday. 5 weeks early but he is doing well. I had a placental abruption ( you can Google it :) ) and I am still here in the hospital but doing well. I wanted to upload a photo from my IPhone to put here but I'm not sure how so if anyone does, please let me know. That's all, just thought I'd let you guys know since alot of you are like family.
SHALENA

Reactions: Lucille

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Congrats, Shalena. Glad to hear Mom and child are well. Rest up...

Tomorrow is Mother's Day here in the DR.

HB

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Thanks guys...I've been trying to rest but there is no sleep in the world of breastfeeding. :)
Happy early Mother's Day to all of the moms there in DR!!!
SHALENA

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Thanks guys...I've been trying to rest but there is no sleep in the world of breastfeeding. :)
SHALENA

Very satisfying once you get used to it though....... happy Mother's Day to you also x

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
SHALENA

Congratulations...

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Congratulations! All the best wishes of health and happiness to you, baby and the entire family! I am very glad everything went well.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Wow! Thanks everyone.
No he has not asked for money :) but had a VISA app in his bassinet until I explained to him that he is actually American and now he is as cool as a cucumber. :)
SHALENA

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
My very best wishes for you and your family Shalena! Can't wait to see a pic--but don't rush, I know you are super busy!! a big hug from Maine.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Congrats. Great news

If you'd like to send me the picture I'll post it for you.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Thanks guys! I am very blessed. The doctors said had I waited 15 more minutes, he might not be alive so I know he is destined for something great. I sent AnnaC the pics so I'm sure she'll post them soon. He is doing well and we "expect" to go home on Tues or Wed. My others were vaginal so this emergency c/s is different and I am certainly not used to this pain. I also have a horrible sore throat from the intubation and have the urge to cough but don't dare!!! I was in the triage at 7:55am and the nurse pit me on the monitor and at 8:12am the baby was out!!
I wonder how it might have played out if I was in Santiago. Well, like I said, he's destined for something. Thanks for all of the well wishes and prayers. :)
SHALENA