"Buffy" is being evicted.... (doggie thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
All her 3/ 4 year life, "Buffy" has been a Cabarete beach dog and has been befriended by people who have given her attention, loved her and fed her which is why she looks so good and healthy. Just 3 months ago, she was taken by dominicanrep and, at her expense, was 'spayed' by Dr. Bob in Sosua.

There is a new apartment complex now being built, called Villa Tropicale, I believe, and the developers say that "Buffy" must go and very soon.... can you or do you know someone who will give her a new loving home?

33tlbnq.jpg

idgc91.jpg

Reactions: Chirimoya

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
They have the right to evict a dog from the BEACH????

I found their website. Do we..............er.........drop them a line? ;)

Some time ago now, they imposed a ban on dogs being allowed on Cabarete beach but that rule seemed to 'relax' as many do over time. However, when developers arrive, they seem to make their own rules and it is the "Buffy"'s of the area that suddenly seem to disappear without trace unless there are people keeping an 'eye out' to make sure they stay safe.

A 'line' might be nice Lambada.....

dominicanrep

Apr 20, 2007
Thank you whirleybird for starting the thread.

"Buffy", also called "Santa" from the developers of Villa Tropicale, has been fed from the construction workers. They are building the apartment complex since 3-4 years already and we know Buffy since then. So the apartment complex was her home for many years, but now she has to go.

There were 2 other dogs in the past. One of them, a very nice black male dog, was "taken away" some month ago because he was ill....... So you can imagine what will happen to Buffy soon.

Here is one more picture of her and one short video.

Please, if someone is interested in her, drop me a private message. She is a wonderful cute dog, very affectionate and she likes other dogs. Thank you.

buffy1.jpg

<embed src="http://img708.imageshack.us/flvplayer.swf?f=Mbuffyvideo" width="640" height="380" allowFullScreen="true" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/>

Reactions: Celt202

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Buffy is adorable, and looks like a loyal pup... is it true her favorite food is Chicken Tiki Masala?

Maybe AZB can be convinced to adopt an upscale Cabarete vira lata?

terrible tambo'

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Buffy is adorable, and looks like a loyal pup... is it true her favorite food is Chicken Tiki Masala?

Maybe AZB can be convinced to adopt an upscale Cabarete vira lata?

terrible tambo'

Adoption enquiries from AZB will be rejected!!!!

And, yes, she adores Chicken Tika Masala lol

Reactions: rio2003

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Thank you whirleybird for starting the thread.

"Buffy", also called "Santa" from the developers of Villa Tropicale, has been fed from the construction workers. They are building the apartment complex since 3-4 years already and we know Buffy since then. So the apartment complex was her home for many years, but now she has to go.

There were 2 other dogs in the past. One of them, a very nice black male dog, was "taken away" some month ago because he was ill....... So you can imagine what will happen to Buffy soon.

Here is one more picture of her and one short video.

Please, if someone is interested in her, drop me a private message. She is a wonderful cute dog, very affectionate and she likes other dogs. Thank you.

buffy1.jpg

What a cute playful dog. I'd take her but I live in Santo Trafficjam and have my hands full with two great dogs already. They make me laugh every day.

Somebody please step up.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
really lovable dog... but, unfortunately our group would not accept her...

have some doubts about her age though... she looks a lot older that 3 or 4...

how can they ever avoid dogs on the beach??? It is a part of the culture... there should be a law they can only remove agressive dogs...

I was at sosua beach a couple of weeks ago, and immediately wanted to adopt 2 beach bums... one was a cross where one of the ancestors was a greyhound.... damn that dog was fast.... and the other one was... well a cross, but oh so sweet, friendly and gentle... and great-looking...

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
A 'line' might be nice Lambada.....

I emailed them late last Saturday night. Today is Thursday & as yet I have had no reply, not even an acknowledgement. Can't help wondering whether if my mail had been from a potential customer, I would be waiting this long for a response? What I should have done was to pretend to be a customer, hooked them into responding and THEN raised the issue of Buffy.

If they really are going to ignore my mail, we'll need some subterfuge. If anyone is already in contact with that website, as a potential customer, could I ask that you raise the subject of Buffy in your next communication? Thanks so much! If such a person feels like identifying themselves on this thread, well and good, but if you don't, that's ok too because although it could mean they get more than one mail on this subject from existing customers, reinforcement won't go amiss.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I have also now sent a message with a link to Villa Tropicale via their enquiry form on their website so it will be interesting to see if I receive a reponse from that route.

Just to confirm, 'Buffy' is still looking to be adopted.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Well, I have received a reply from a representative of the developer and I quote some of her words:

"I have spoken tothe developer and they do not have any intentions of harming this dog in any way, shape or form."

So, let's just hope that, if no-one comes forward in the meantime, Buffy will find a new home with one of the new tenants/ owners in the condos...

Maxie143

Jun 3, 2010
Hi, new to the forum...when visiting in March, Buffy and I became fast friends. Gave her a pat on the head and she just dug her hole and laid beside us while we sat on the beach. I just hope they are true to their word and do not harm her or someone can adopt her quickly. I live in the states or I would in a heart beat!

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
Having assisted with the re-homing of a Dominican dog to Canada, we know it is possible!! The new parents are thrilled they have been able to take the dog they fell in love with here back to a new life.
Having just lost our dog of 14 years, we are just not healed enough to commit to this little girl, she has a wonderful smile and no doubt has the personality to match.
Let's hope they are true to their word and have no intention of removing or harming her.
I will also contact them and state my concerns also. The only way to ensure her future is no doubt a good home, but short of that to make sure that everyone is aware of her situation and that people are watching over her!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Well, I have received a reply from a representative of the developer and I quote some of her words:

"I have spoken tothe developer and they do not have any intentions of harming this dog in any way, shape or form."

So, let's just hope that, if no-one comes forward in the meantime, Buffy will find a new home with one of the new tenants/ owners in the condos...

Glad you got a reply whirleybird. I wonder why they didn't reply or even acknowledge my direct email (I didn't use the enquiry form on the website, but I believe the email address I used is the same as the one your enquiry form went to).

Maybe if they're checking this thread, they might also go looking for a mail sent last Saturday night/early Sunday morning at 12.48 am.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Glad you got a reply whirleybird. I wonder why they didn't reply or even acknowledge my direct email (I didn't use the enquiry form on the website, but I believe the email address I used is the same as the one your enquiry form went to).

Maybe if they're checking this thread, they might also go looking for a mail sent last Saturday night/early Sunday morning at 12.48 am.

I am confused, if I read this correctly, Buffy The Dog has an email account that Whirlybird is monitoring. What's next ..... a lamb that tweets?

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I think the reply WB got from the developers, is written professionally...

they never promised they would not remove Buffy, they just promised not to harm her...

Playing the advocate's devil:
- removing the dog is an option for the developer, according to the email
- relocation of the dog is an option, according to the email
- putting it into the hands of an "animal" society, and then having it euthanised, is an option, according to the email...

they have not harmed it in anyway, but it is gone nevertheless... I have spent too much time professionally in such businesses, and know how those emails are carefully considered, written, and checked by laywers...

so, by all means, use modern technology and media, throw Buffy onto facebook, twitter, msn, or whatever... and use it, by all means fair or unfair, to rescue this lovable dog... she will need it...

Yes, I am sarcastic but know how things work in big businesses... and bad publicity is no good for them... (anyhow... realistically, you will have to find a new home for her... even if the developer gives in, there is almost a 100% guarantee some new owner will be annoyed by her and poison her...)

Sorry

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
New opportunity for Buffy on the cards....

It is early days yet but Buffy has caught the attention of someone who may be able to offer her a whole new life in NJ, USA.

Obviously the logistics of getting and shipping a little beach dog are not simple or inexpensive but she has touched someone's heart and we hope that everything can be worked out........... watch this space!!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
That would be simply terrific, wb. Then we could have the social media sequel 'Buffy goes on a trip' :). If you need a donation for transportation etc costs, please let me know.

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
It is early days yet but Buffy has caught the attention of someone who may be able to offer her a whole new life in NJ, USA.

Obviously the logistics of getting and shipping a little beach dog are not simple or inexpensive but she has touched someone's heart and we hope that everything can be worked out........... watch this space!!

Great News!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.