Another rat problem (maldito rat)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Right as I was reaching in my closet to take out my pants which was hanging on the hook I felt something jumps out and then a thump on the wooden shelf. Oh no, a medium sized rat living in my closet for a week. Yikexxx. this gave me a bit of a heart attack. Since I was late for my journey to santo domingo, I was compelled to not take immediate actions to remove him from the closet. I have a feeling he is eating my clothes. On the positive note, I did leave him some lunch on the floor (rat poison). I wish him bon appetite on the delicious last lunch on the house.
AZB

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Ahh el "tres pasitos". Pobre maidito raton!

We use a ratonero in our house because we have kids. Works every time. Use salami.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I hope he eats the poison and dies. I was late to work so all I could do was leave him lunch. Now this little SOB has changed my travel plans. I was supposed to leave for NYC on Thursday from capital airport, but now I have to return to santiago on wednesday to see if he is dead or not and then leave from santiago airport.
:(
AZB

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
I don't know if this stuff is available in the D.R. but there is a poison that when eaten by the rodents, they do go off and die but they also dehydrate to such an extent that there is no smell. Just a dried up dessicated body remains. Check with your local ferreteria.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Rattus rattus, judging from your name, I take it that you are an expert on rat issues. I shall take your advice. thanks.
AZB

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Maybe you should get one of these traps who dont kill them but catches them alive. And let someone you know control the trap every two days.

When you use poision they crawl away and dies in the walls or something. Smells terrible for some time.

Yes this is the best solution, specially when you have a baby and a dog.

JJ

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Bait the trap with something rats normally don't have access to. Like peanut butter. Get the rat interested in trying something new.

When Barbara and I were cruising, we had rat swim out and climb up the anchor chain. We baited the trap with peanut butter and caught the rat very quickly.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
ok, i will buy peanut butter. this sounds like a clean, good idea. thanks.
AZB

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
sounds unlikely - did it chew through the door to get in ?
They are known for chewing through wood to make an entrance.

A friend of mine had a large space between the door and the floor and put a strip of wood to block out dirt, etc.

The rats chewed through the wood and had a field day inside the house.
Rat crap all over everything.

They also love to chew on the electric wires of the TV, Lamps, etc.

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
you would have noticed that a wardrobe door had been chewed to gain access one would have thought, unless it arrived in a trouser pocket without being detected

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
there is a poison around which makes the rat so thirsty it will run to the nearest water supply, gorge itself, and it actually makes the rat explodes itself...

Reactions: Tamborista
May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
Rat Zapper

We had a furry friend for a week (and his buddy) in our laundry room - we bought this on Amazon and imported it through EPS in Cabarete. The first one was killed within 12 hours of inserting the batteries and his buddy the second night. Apparently a strong electric shock kills the rat immediately and then you just tip it into the garbage.

Amazon.com: Agri Zap RZUIR1 Rat Zapper Ultra: Home Improvement

Reactions: Tamborista

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I am surprised The Society for the Humane treatment of North Coast Rodents has not intervened yet!