Did you see this? 'Mafia' at airports

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
This is an article in the News section of DR1.

What struck me when I first saw the news about the plane that went to Venezuela and then to Honduras with a bunch of cocaine, was that the so-called passenger "Mike Rosa" had his polot's license suspended in February.

Not so much that they suspended his license, but the fact that the guy has a record for drug trafficking going back 20 years!!! Yet he even HAD a license? You gotta say :""WTF"????? How can a convicted felon (especially on drug charges) even get a license...???

So you think: "Maybe there IS a 'mafia' in this country".
And I say: "Gee do you think??"

Anyway, that is my vent for the day.

HB

baby bori

May 18, 2010
of course there is mafia in the DR just look at the economic and social descrepancy between the upper class and poor class people incredible disparity there really doesnt exist a middle class in the DR unlike the US or Europe.

baby bori

May 18, 2010
everything that is attained by the upper class is not obtained in a legal manner in a third world country again look at the economic disparity and wages people to the general population and analyze it well!!!

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
One of the few countries I know off, where the "only" "Mafia" wears uniform.

Really, compare it to Colombia, Venezuela, Brazil... countries which DO have long established, "stable" organized crime families (as in the traditional sense of the word "Mafia") with a clear organization and ranking system (Testosterone raging kiddie street gangs are not really "Mafia"... as dangerous as they may be)... to this country here. Do you know of any other well established drug cartel here besides the ones in green or gray?
And they control the airports too, big news that is! It's a perfect setup. :speechles

... J-D.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Come on HB

Yeah, ya think, doesn't even start to describe it. Runs long and deep. "And miles to go before we sleep, and miles to go before we sleep." Robert Frost.
remember that one from Frost? It applies.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
HB, you have a right to vent. Me thinks that corruption runs so deep within the government and its organizations that the country is sadly going to hell in a handbasket.

Regards,
PJT

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Do you know of any other well established drug cartel here besides the ones in green or gray? ... J-D.

The one in suits? Specifically those in suits which will be white come August 16th. Not all, but some. Then there are the Cabinet Ministers....all the same cartel though, the narcopoly (that's narco & monopoly).

But I still say it's safer for the inhabitants than having two rival cartels like Mexico where Sinaloa (now including La Familia & Gulf) dukes it out with Los Zetos and we all know the results.

?

? bient?t

Yeah, ya think, doesn't even start to describe it. Runs long and deep. "And miles to go before we sleep, and miles to go before we sleep." Robert Frost.
remember that one from Frost? It applies.

before I sleep

Then there was the great Donald Pleasence in "Telefon."