DR1 message board warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I was just reading the message board and a HUGE(it took up the whole screen) warning came on my computer screen warning me that the DR1 message board is unsafe for my computer. It gave me a bunch of options but strongly suggested that I exit the website to avoid viruses on my computer.
Did anyone else get this message? What's up with this crap?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I suggest you check your machines for spyware / viruses.

tee: The pop-up you are seeing is classic spyware and pulling the info from our pages meta tags. You will find it will do it for many sites. I would virus scan and clean your machine ASAP!

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
The SUPERAntiSpyware works great. I have used it a couple times now to clean up machines for my friends on stuff their regular anti spyware programs didn't catch. I just download from the web site, run the program, and uninstall it afterwards so it wont bog down their regular antivirus programs. It's amazing how well it works for a free download.

el forastero

Bronze
Oct 25, 2009
The famous rib lover's recommendations of Advanced System Care and SuperAntiSpyware used frequently have worked miracles for me. (Thank you again).

I also use Zone Alarm as a firewall which stops almost everything from coming in or going out (in the case of Microsoft spyware that wants to tell them what I'm installing on MY computer).

jrhartley, if this comes up when you enter search, then why not just bookmark DR1 and avoid it in the first place?

May 29, 2006
They are always coming up with new malware and false positives are not rare. I got a bad bug a couple weeks ago, but I was able to manually transfer my files to a new account on my PC. Avoid using the admin account as your primary acct as it will act as a patial buffer against malware and viruses.

I also ended up dumping about half of my older files when I did the transfer and the computer seems to have a bit more pep now. I think I'll be cleaning house more often. Anti-virus programs don't wipe out "friendly" cookies and they can eat up a lot of memory...

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Of course if you used a
linux operating programme you'd get none of these problems. I do find it strange why so many people prefer to pay Mr Gates vast sums of money rather than have it all for free. Maybe its my frugal or mean scotsblood.

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Sankie sabatoge

I was just reading the message board and a HUGE(it took up the whole screen) warning came on my computer screen warning me that the DR1 message board is unsafe for my computer. It gave me a bunch of options but strongly suggested that I exit the website to avoid viruses on my computer.
Did anyone else get this message? What's up with this crap?

It's just the Sankies and the animation teams trying to keep the DR 1 members from warning future potential victims about them:cheeky:

summertime101

Nov 12, 2008
Note the issue is most likely related to DR1's use of vBSEO, not the member's pc.
Secutity: Redirction to file2store.info

I''ve been getting this too for last three days.....Had a feeling it came from DR1, currently running Superantispyware to hopefully locate and get rid of it.....It's been super annoying.......every click of a new page on any/all sites brought this pop-up on. Mod...please investigate to determine if it's coming from DR1. thx

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Problem fixed!

The software we use to archive and manage old posts had a bug that was exploited.

Thanks to CFA123 for making me aware of this! :)

The bug has now been patched and all should be ok.
If you experience any problems, please post in this thread or PM me.

Apologies to those that had issues, some times the cat has too many mouses to chase :)

Status
Not open for further replies.