Eviction notice, how legal?

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Is there a minimal time of eviction notice used for apartments rented without contract?

So another instance, you sign a contract yet the landlord does not have it legalized by a lawyer and so when it comes to the matter of eviction he is able to say, what contract?

Rent is paid in full each month and the intention to continue until a new place is found is the intention.

Anyone tried to evict or been evicted without sufficient time to find another place?

Thanks.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If you have all your rent receipts this will serve as a monthly lease. Get a lawyer, as they cannot evict you without a court order, which is very hard to get.

If you are on the North Coast I can recommend a lawyer that will stop them in their tracks immediately.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Eviction notice? Bull, just go to the Banco Agricola and deposit the rent in the name of your land lord and keep those receipts. No way they evict you.
Be sure your lawyer knows about the case and is no your speed dial!

HB

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Eviction notice? Bull, just go to the Banco Agricola and deposit the rent in the name of your land lord and keep those receipts. No way they evict you.
Be sure your lawyer knows about the case and is no your speed dial!

HB

Do what Hillbilly says. The laws in this country favor the renter and as long as you are paying the monthly rent in the manner that Hillbilly advises, you will be hard to evict. It may happen eventually, but you will have more than enough time to find another place.

At least this is my understanding of how it works, based on observation of several people in similar situations.

You will be getting a true legal opinion when Fabio responds to your question, but in meantime, sit tight and pay the rent, either to landlord or by depositing it in the Banco Agricola in name of landlord and holding the receipts.

Mar 1, 2009
I hear that pay get away with not paying a dime and the owner can't do a thing!! Not that I am advocating becoming a deliquent tennant ;)

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Thankyou all for the comforting information, I have been seriously stressed by this whole situation. Reasons for wanting us out are that he basically fell out with me over money. He owed me money and so I refused to pay the rent until he paid me, he came around within 3 days and wrote me a receipt to show the rent had been paid in full in cash. For me this was the end of that drama. Still it is uncomfortable to live somewhere you feel unwanted and so we searched for a new property. We found one we thought was nice, and so we put down a deposit to hold it for us. Within this time I spoke to a guy who knew about the landlord and her history of trouble making when it came to returning deposits on leaving, as well as a slight history of trouble with break ins in the property. So we were put off and called her on the monday (paid deposit on the previous friday) to ask for the deposit back, she wouldn?t give it back, instead returned 50% of it. The little problem was I mentioned to my landlord on the friday that we may be leaving, although I put nothing in writing and didn?t mention anything for definate, only trying to make him aware we might be moving so he wouldn?t give us trouble returning our deposit.
So, should I be writing anything down formally for him here. I know the usual state would be to give notice of one month prior to leaving, we have not found a new place yet and so I am a little paranoid to give definitive dates then he has me over a barrel.
Also I have been paying monthly rent, my intention now is to pay weekly as if we do find somewhere then we can leave instantly, can anyone see a problem with this?
Thanks in advance.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I hear that pay get away with not paying a dime and the owner can't do a thing!! Not that I am advocating becoming a deliquent tennant ;)

I see a couple in my building in that situation. I can?t justify living in someone elses property free of charge, all I want is for the situation to be fair on all counts.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I see a couple in my building in that situation. I can?t justify living in someone elses property free of charge, all I want is for the situation to be fair on all counts.

Then you're in the wrong country. The landlord has shown that he cannot be trusted, so don't assume you can workout a fair outcome.

I suggest you do whatever is necessary to make YOU feel happy.
Give him the option, return the deposit in full before you leave or tell him you will live out the deposit in full and leave when you finally find a new place.