Motorcyclist arrested for noise violation

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
This is rather interesting actually!!! I wonder if this trend will catch on. Hope it does :)

Story to share:
Long time ago I stopped at a street food stand in a campo to buy some fritura and there was a guy purposely accelarating his moto on top of two blocks of cement. It was super loud. I signaled at him to please stop the noise. When he didn't stop I yelled...the mofo flashed his piece at me. That was enough for me hahahaha (call me chicken) I got in my car and left.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
A few years ago, Bok, the sprout (then newborn) and I were spending the weekend in Montecristi. It was Semana Santa and we were late with our hotel reservations and my parent's spare room was "booked". An aunt that has a nice house with a separate guest suite offered to take us in.

Unfortunately a neighbor, which on top of being an obnoxious drunk *itch had a thing for loud music, decided to crank it up to 11. It was midnight, past midnight and no end in sight. We were tired from the trip, Nadia couldn't sleep and I was a hormonal wreck.

Sporting my baddest case of bed hair, and wearing my pajamas, I drove to the police station. Playing my best Shakespearian "damsel in distress" I told him of our circumstances, and would he please "do something". He told me to drive home and wait a bit longer. He didn't want to show up immediately and tip off the old witch.

30 mins later two officers showed up, gave the drunkard a stern talking to and confiscated her stereo.

So yes, it happens.

Reactions: Celt202

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Very glad that the hormones & the unbearable din didn't cause an accident on the way to the police station...is there any photographic evidence of this event :cheeky:? Just so that new residents know what presentation is likely to get the police on their side...

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Long time ago I stopped at a street food stand in a campo to buy some fritura and there was a guy purposely accelarating his moto on top of two blocks of cement. It was super loud. I signaled at him to please stop the noise. When he didn't stop I yelled...the mofo flashed his piece at me. That was enough for me hahahaha (call me chicken) I got in my car and left.
Wow.

Might want to change your pseudonym to something more 'realistic', right El Tigre? :)

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
No photo evidence, Lambada.

Actually now that I remember Nadia was not a newborn, I think it was the following year. But I was still a hormonal wreck. Actually, I still am. Kids do that to you. :)

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Wow.

Might want to change your pseudonym to something more 'realistic', right El Tigre? :)

To what? El Pendejo hahahaha

I avoid problems any way I can. Specially with illerate Dominicans from the hills.:ermm:

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Tigre you should have known better than to yell. It is different there than here in the US where everybody can pose as a bad boy. You may want to change your nick to "La Gallina" though jejeje.