Temporary Residency Documents

zoey_kat

Feb 2, 2007
Hello Everyone,

If you are a U.S. citizen who has applied for temporary/permanent residency, can you tell me what you provided for the "Certificate of Good Conduct" (i.e. no criminal record).

Was it obtained from your local police or state criminal agency; or did you do a full fingerprint check thru the federal government?

I'm assuming the local/state check would suffice.

I have asked the attorney to clarify but haven't heard back yet.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Go to the police/sheriff's department in the counties where you have lived the last 5 years. They will do a background check and offer you a signed statement of their findings.

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
I had the Guzman people do all the legwork for my residency, so I can't say for sure, but I think the background check is done in the D.R. They want to see a clean record in the Dominican Republic and then do a cursory Interpol check. I had no dealings with any agencies in the U.S.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I had the Guzman people do all the legwork for my residency, so I can't say for sure, but I think the background check is done in the D.R. They want to see a clean record in the Dominican Republic and then do a cursory Interpol check. I had no dealings with any agencies in the U.S.
As of recently, not any more. You have to provide a document from your home country...