Are you worried when flying over Dominican airspace?

May 29, 2006
I get a lot more worried when I'm in a publico trying to pass a sugar truck with oncoming traffic and the truck driver putting his foot on the gas.

RenatoSosua

Bronze
Nov 8, 2006
groups.yahoo.com
I get a lot more worried when I'm in a publico trying to pass a sugar truck with oncoming traffic and the truck driver putting his foot on the gas.
Or two guagua racing to get one more paying customer!
In the publico you can see ahead and that's what is worrying
but on the plane you cannot see ahaed and are unaware of the surrounding dangers, I've never worried before but maybe next time I'll think about it for sure.

~~anna~~

Oct 27, 2003
Close call!

My husband and I were at Las Americas last years watching flights coming and going. We had friends landing on AA from San Juan. We watched in horror as it was nearing landing and a little 2 seater pulled right out onto the runway. Praise God the AA flight did a quick pull-up, went out over the ocean and did a big circle to reapproach. It was soooo close to landing the 1st time, we couldn't believe that it was able to pull-up in time.
Our friends said the pilot just said they were going for a 2nd attempt as there was something on the runway, and this would give time for it to be cleared.

SCAREY stuff!!

RenatoSosua

Bronze
Nov 8, 2006
groups.yahoo.com
My husband and I were at Las Americas last years watching flights coming and going. We had friends landing on AA from San Juan. We watched in horror as it was nearing landing and a little 2 seater pulled right out onto the runway. Praise God the AA flight did a quick pull-up, went out over the ocean and did a big circle to reapproach. It was soooo close to landing the 1st time, we couldn't believe that it was able to pull-up in time.
Our friends said the pilot just said they were going for a 2nd attempt as there was something on the runway, and this would give time for it to be cleared.

SCAREY stuff!!
My last January flight also did a big circle around Sosua beach (beautiful sight to look at from the air) to try a second time to land... don't know why. Usually we land at the first attempt.