For those still with doubts:

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Prosecutors have two witnesses in crime Hayet Soto

Gian Enrique Rojas Matos (Yan Carlos and Chico Raro), one of those involved in the killing of Colonel Jos? Amado Gonzalez, merchant Ruben Soto Hayet and Omar Polanco, was used to buying phones without any identification, delivering the units identified in the name of others.

This is stated in the application of coercive measure filed against him and Ricardo Perez Mateo. Against both an examining magistrate dictated a year of preventive jail to be completed in Najayo prison.

Rojas Mateo Matos and Perez are charged with the murder of Gonzalez Gonzalez, on the 24th last December, Omar Antigua, Jan. 31st, and of Soto Hayet, May 14th.

One of the cell phones listed under Radhames Cuevas #829-851-5550 , received a call from one of three telephone sets collected at the scene of the crime of Antigua Polanco at the same time the events occurred.

The user of this cell number was found near the crime scene, as certified by the Integral Protection Department of Codetel. But Cuevas, after being questioned about the case, said Jan. 7 he went to the phone store, where he made the purchase of a mobile device which was registered in his name, for being too expensive he change it for another and left the area.

However, on January 31st, two employees of a retail store located on the avenue N??ez de C?ceres confirmed that it was sold to Rojas Matos, because it was a regular customer and was trusted as he bought many phones without identification.

For that reason they provided they sold him the phone on behalf of the name Cuevas, claiming that as a mistake they did not change the profile, then after the arrest of Matos Rojas the two young clerks identified him as the person who they sold the phone to.

During the arrest of Matos Rojas they found three phones on him, including two on the right side front pocket and another brand Alcatel he carried in his left hand.

Following information provided by the cell company Orange, it was determined that one of the wireless devices, the number 809-653-3323, their triangulation cells were analyzed and determined that the accused was in the scenes of the murder of Gonzalez, Soto Hayet and Antigua, which reflects his participation in the events under investigation.

According to the request filed by Deputy Prosecutor Candida Ramos, coordinator of the Department of Crimes and felonies against people of the prosecution, Perez Mateo is being identified by two eyewitnesses who she did not identify, as one of the people who shot Hayet Soto, security guard Jorge Santana V?squez and the messenger Maximo Geronimo, and wounding Jos? Mej?a Ramos as well as Agust?n Romero in the parking lot of the bakery ?La Francesa?.

Reactions: mike l

AndyGriffith

Mar 11, 2010
Again another game...To stand in the way of the average bystander trying to enjoy their daily existence on this planet free from the vagaries of corruption and graft at all levels....The daily reading of DR1 becomes a tiring affair of endless loans and donations to an insolvent failure of a Government along with the never ending drug stories to excite the fancies for public consumption. Have you ever thought that there are people in this county that want to live responsible lives free from the daily DR Telenovela?....

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
The daily reading of DR1 becomes a tiring affair of endless loans and donations to an insolvent failure of a Government along with the never ending drug stories to excite the fancies for public consumption. Have you ever thought that there are people in this county that want to live responsible lives free from the daily DR Telenovela?....

Are you suggesting that Pichardo shouldn't have posted what he did? If so, I would strongly disagree. It would be difficult to live a 'responsible' life hermetically sealed from knowledge of what is going on around us. You have a choice whether you read it or not. But that choice should not impact upon the choices of others who might want to choose differently.

AndyGriffith

Mar 11, 2010
What is going on around you is a bunch of corruption and graft that seems to be condoned and given justification for the well being of the 'economy'. The average bystander has to live amongst the tribe enduring the daily telenovela that wastes society's time and energy. The reading of DR1 News only confirms the fact as daily stories consistently tell the tale of the next loan-donation or drug 'bust', whatever. Corruption/graft should be dealt with in the Wild West manner, thus responsible people can get on with improving their communities with real production-savings vs. economic fantasies.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
What is going on around you is a bunch of corruption and graft that seems to be condoned and given justification for the well being of the 'economy'. The average bystander has to live amongst the tribe enduring the daily telenovela that wastes society's time and energy. The reading of DR1 News only confirms the fact as daily stories consistently tell the tale of the next loan-donation or drug 'bust', whatever. Corruption/graft should be dealt with in the Wild West manner, thus responsible people can get on with improving their communities with real production-savings vs. economic fantasies.

Hmmmm... So let's close our eyes and use a walking cane, plug our ears to avoid the "sound" contamination of what goes on around, walk about with a head to toe bullet-proof coat (citing your Wild West solution for all, given how bullets will fly around and so) and last but not least, economic fantasy that's the DR???

Your solution seems to remind me of a great Doctor, one who provided the world with a cure for all the symptoms you listed! He goes by the name Jack Kevorkian, maybe you suggest we make an appointment with him?

One thing is to say you're tired to all that goes around you, good or bad, but quite the other to think that being oblivious to the facts will somehow make the communities become real production/savings vs the fantasies we live today... Or was it Novelas?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Walter Conkite once said:

"Most of the people say they... get their news from television. That means they're inadequately informed. Too poorly informed to exercise their rights in a democracy. You cannot give people enough information on the nightly news."

The same could be said with newspapers, radio news, internet news, so on and so forth.

To put it another way, read carefully what Orson Welles did in New Jersey once and ask yourself, was Walter Conkite right?

If you are truly interested in knowing the truth, you will stop listening/putting attention to what news are published or presented, and do your own research. Of course, it is time consuming, but if you truly value the truth, well then... you got work to do.

Otherwise, don't reach conclusions on what you see in the news. The news creates perceptions. Sometimes perception and reality coincide.... sometimes.

:classic:

Reactions: mike l

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
So it sounds like they "found" the suspects, which surprisingly enough are now the main suspects on pretty much all these murders. How convenient that the police can "solve" all these murders and wrap all of these cases in a nice little bow...

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Hmmmm... So let's close our eyes and use a walking cane, plug our ears to avoid the "sound" contamination of what goes on around, walk about with a head to toe bullet-proof coat (citing your Wild West solution for all, given how bullets will fly around and so) and last but not least, economic fantasy that's the DR???

Look at some of his previous posts. It might be that English isn't his first language. Or maybe the issue is a pedestrian manner of thinking? DMV123 had to rephrase his question to make it understandable.
http://www.dr1.com/forums/legal/102735-title-poa-inheritance-questions-2.html

One thing it isn't is an in-depth knowledge of how to comport oneself here :cheeky: I'm sure we're all indebted to him for this little gem :rolleyes:

Corruption/graft should be dealt with in the Wild West manner

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
So it sounds like they "found" the suspects, which surprisingly enough are now the main suspects on pretty much all these murders. How convenient that the police can "solve" all these murders and wrap all of these cases in a nice little bow...

I believe the data on how they got to them, but for crying out loud! We all know that they make you sing like Pavarotti never could, in the interrogation room... There's 99% of the case being kept from the public, so to speak...

AndyGriffith

Mar 11, 2010
Lambada,

I see you and Pichardo enjoy a certain 'control freak' manner to your responses to posters on these boards. This is much what I see in the Dominican culture from day to day. I have my own theories on this behavior, mostly originating from the dictatorship period of the country.

In regard to my post to the matter of the Title-POA, DMV's rewording of my question left out important aspects-I.E.-The payment of the inheritance tax and the POA individual listed for the Deceased also then acting as POA for the Inheritor. Moreover, also missing was the most important question to whether the registry will actually change the title to the new owner under the circumstances. As it turns out, neither Sr. Guzman nor DMV properly answered my question. I later found out that the Registry can directly change the title to the new owner without going first through the Land Court. I also discovered that only a POA document notarized in the same year that the transaction of sale is completed will be accepted by the Registry.

Try to come up with some better discussion in your responses rather than taking irrelevant shots at posters that have a different opinion than your own. This will provide for an improved discourse between posters in this forum.

AndyGriffith

Mar 11, 2010
Pichardo,

I don't think you clearly understood what I was arguing here in my posts. Yes, people need to be aware of the games ongoing around them, however, they also need to understand the intrusion taking place in their daily lives from these matters. In addition, people need to understand that the game of tinkering with their home currency, out-of-control debt spending and unending drug-electricity problems are things that could be mitigated with proper action taken by the citizenry. The corruption and graft that keeps these 'games' going is what first needs to be dealt with at all levels.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Three groups tended network to capture Figueroa assassins

The capture of seven key sicarios of Jose David Figueroa Agosto just took about twenty days and was made possible through the formation of three teams of police investigators, each accompanied by a Prosecutor which three groups didn't know what the other teams were doing, said sources linked to the process this last night.

The first detail is that investigations into the deadly attack against former Colonel Jose Amado Gonzalez Gonzalez, which seemed not to progress or stagnant shortly after Christmas Eve 2009 the day of the crime, was put in charge directly the Chief of police, major general Rafael Guillermo Guzman Fermin that was prompted by the President to resolve the case quickly.

The President took this and other crimes attributed to an act of revenge from Figueroa Agosto against former collaborators, as a challenge and the current most important goal for the authorities. He had already said, on Figueroa Agosto and his partner Sobeida Felix Morel escape, meant a kind of intolerable national shame.

Taking the direct command of the investigation, the police chief was assigned a special prosecutor and immediately all agencies, including the public prosecutor, lined up for the process to not disappoint the President.

Earlier, as rumored, there was some friction among the teams that were placed in the hunt and that disturbed the search for those responsible for the crimes.

First clues.
The telephone interceptions, Interpol assistance and eventual help from the DEA of the United States and Puerto Rico authorities, police found the first clues with the arrest of Gian Rojas Matos (El Boricua) and Ricardo Perez Mateo (Maceta).

When police established links in less than 48 hours with the crime of ex-Colonel Gonzalez and then financial front for Figueroa, Omar Antigua Polanco on December 31 and the Cuban businessman Ruben Soto Hayet, owner of the French pastry, "search blocs" of the investigating groups were immediately created.

They created three units, independent of each other, each was assigned a given mission. The progress made by each group was not known by the other two. The gathered information only flowed to the head of the investigation teams, the police chief, the Special Prosecutor and to the President.

The operations were effective and surprising. None of the wanted presented resistance. None killed of those pursued. According to investigative sources, several of the suspects confessed while there was no coercion or torture used against them. Each team was connecting the clues with the source that ordered the executions and that was the reason why the police chief and the President of the national drug control agency DNCD, Major general Rolando Rosado Mateo, traveled to Puerto Rico to co validate their information.

The authorities submitted videos and schemes that reveal the participation of the seven people in the executions, as well as weapons, bullets, uniforms, communication devices and even dynamite. The defendants were applied measures of coercion of a year in prison.

It was reported that the DEA and Interpol agents have received details of the "search blocs", like the one employed by Colombia's search teams, which allowed arresting the suspects without critical information and plan leaks within the search teams in the police or judicial, which contributed to their arrests.

http://www.listindiario.com/la-repu...eron-red-para-capturar-a-sicarios-de-Figueroa

Reactions: Celt202

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
My response to certain people asking complicated questions on public forums - if you don't like what you are getting I suggest you go pay the damn money to get the advice you are looking for.

We are all highly paid professionals ;) and we live to sit here and answer your questions so you don't have to spend your money!

Pichardo I for one appreciate the time you take to give us your point of view!!!!

Reactions: MikeFisher

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
My response to certain people asking complicated questions on public forums - if you don't like what you are getting I suggest you go pay the damn money to get the advice you are looking for.

Agreed. But they don't see that. Nor probably will they, ever.

I love it that Pichardo and I are put in the same corner. Reality is, much of the time I disagree with Pichardo in that I think his take on things is rosier than mine, but I always appreciate him sharing information and the gentlemanly way he conducts a disagreement. It is, at the very least, done in a polite, articulate fashion. More than can be said of many :cheeky:.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
absolutely agreement.
I do not agree always with Pichardo's opinions myself,
but I never read any bad mannered written word from him,
not in any agreement nor on any contrary opinion.
His manners rank on such very far above my own, lol.
the info provided on the Topic here are from my side highly appreciated,
I would have given rep points for that to him right away,
but got that wellknown darn recommendation to spread out more points firstly to others.
let's go on to not always agree to each others,
would be a boring world and no need for a discussion bord anyways,
and stay on a nice behaved tone to disagree when on opisite points of view.
Mike

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I wonder who are they going to blame for every crime once Figueroa is not around anymore...