Country Clubs in SD

nygoesdr

Jun 15, 2009
Does anyone know of any Country Clubs ( doesn't have to have golf ) in the capital? I have children and need to join a club for them to swim and maybe play sports - tennis etc.

Thanks

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
Does anyone know of any Country Clubs ( doesn't have to have golf ) in the capital? I have children and need to join a club for them to swim and maybe play sports - tennis etc.

Thanks

There is the Santo Domingo Country Club in the west of the city in Herrera. It's a great place but membership is closed. You would have to pay an extremely large amount to purchase a "share" and even then the annual fees are high. I don't remember how much we paid to join, but I know that it is much more expensive now.

There are other clubs around the city and someone on the forum just a little while ago was looking to make up a group subscription at the Santo Domingo Hotel at what appeared to be very economical cost for the pool, tennis courts etc.,.

Try a forum search and you should be able to find the thread.

Good luck,

Bryan

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
the cheapest and easy way to join a club in SD is the Dominican Fiesta Hotel.
25k down and 3,500montly, they have gym, 8 tennis court, spa, football, swimming pool, ping pong, etc.
If you want to get into dominican high society, the other clubs like Naco, Arroyo Hondo, Casa de Espana are more expensive and need 2 recomendations from rich dominicans and wait to be approved.

nygoesdr

Jun 15, 2009
Yes I have visited the Santo Domingo CC and it is very nice. I don't play golf so I not sure if it is worth the money. They told me $40K initial and $100 - $200 per month. Although they were not able to tell me if the 40K was held as bond etc. These other clubs, does anyone know how much they are? and what they offer. I need a place kid friendly?

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
You should start your own EXCLUSIVE country club for expats. I d join just to use the gymnasio. And the diner...

nygoesdr

Jun 15, 2009
From the looks of the posts on this board most expats are looking to decrease expenditures not increase them. And do you really want to be in a club full of expats? I would much rather be with locals for the most part. Dominicans seem relatively happy, I don't know if the expats are.?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Consider Las Lagunas. They are a golf club with fine facilities. A social membership is RD$2600 per month.

Las Lagunas

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
From the looks of the posts on this board most expats are looking to decrease expenditures not increase them. And do you really want to be in a club full of expats? I would much rather be with locals for the most part. Dominicans seem relatively happy, I don't know if the expats are.?

everyone wants to be part of a selective and status conscious clique. You canstill have screening requirements to eliminate the flip-flop, hawaii 5-0 types. It could be like the Harvard Club in midtown or the Yale Club in the 50s. It doesnt have to be specifically catered to Americans, it could be just(somewhat as) exclusive as local country clubs, with an on site library for dudes who need help navigating the culture and certain areas, legal, medical, banking, social. It could be done, you just need to consider the options, hindrances and interest. At its not solely about money it about access to other brain trusts and the like. Here certainly but also abroad.

GALK

Mar 12, 2006
If not playing golf, a lot depends where you live in the capital to avoid traffic jams.
Select a club which is close to your home, Club Naco, for example, is less then
US$ 10.000 inscription and RD$ 1.000 a month (6 Tennis courts, 2 pools, 1 childrenpool, gym, etc.)

SteveS

Apr 15, 2008
We're members at Isabel Villas in Cerros de Arroyo Hondo. Nice club, does have all the golf facilities/driving range, but we have it for the kids really too.

Big pool, cheap food and drinks and monthly is RD$1000. I don't know the inscription since the new owners took over last month but wasn't extortionate.

Also there is tennis, football, basketball, pool hall, table tennis, gym etc... etc.... and is a much more pleasant and quiet environment than the city clubs like Club Naco, and doesn't have the smell and attitude of old money like "The Country".

No website but have a facebook page!!

Isabel Villas Golf & Country Club Discussions | Facebook

Last edited: