DirecTV Satellite Reception in the DR

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Seeking information solely about DirecTV reception,
........ already know all the intimate details about Dish Network.

DirecTV Only

Not looking for theories, only information about CURRENT DirecTV reception here.

(1) What size satellite dish is being used?

(2) Which satellites are being received?

(3) How good is the reception?

Thanks

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
I have an uncle who installed a 6-footer dish in Santo Domingo using his DirectTV credentials from NJ. Don't know anything technical about that installation though. No clue if he is getting HD content.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Don is actually looking for information about DirecTV for someone currently in the US that wants to try and use his receiver in the DR. I have been told by a satellite systems installer that it takes two 8 foot dishes to receive all of the channels of DirecTV here because of the low signal strength.
I know most all the "IN's and OUT's" of Dish Network and as Mike said, just trying to be up-to-date on the DirecTV scene.

The Nano2 is working GREAT, since the last down time about 2 weeks ago or so, there has been virtually no freezing at all.

I do have a DirecTV DVR and a regular box that I used years ago when it was possible to receive the Para Todas channels with just a two (2) foot dish (Sat 119)..... ;) lol

There are many posts on DR1 about Dish Network, not much of any current "on-hand information" about DirecTV, so I thought I would come out and ask the actual questions.

I had DirecTV in Florida and they peeved me off when it took them about four months to give me my refund, yet they expect payment INSTANTLY. They promised my refund fast, called them twice on it, all they did was lie to me about the refund.

Because of that, I doubt I will ever get another subscription with DirecTV......

"Just being a Super Sleuth"

PS: I also bought a "C Band" LNB and use it on my third 6 foot dish for FTA.

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR