How much for a Laptop or netbook in store

harry2010

Apr 27, 2010
i was wondering, how much a laptops and netbooks are being sold in stores in DR? entry level units.
are netbooks well perceived over there?
thanks

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Have a look at the Orange cell phone web pages. orange.com.do they are doing a special offer on laptops.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
When i was looking around for a netbook I checked Pricesmart, La Sirena, Plaza Lama and a few independent computer shops. They all came in at around the RD15,000 mark mas o menos.

Nowhere near as cheap as you can get them in the US or Europe

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
i was wondering, how much a laptops and netbooks are being sold in stores in DR? entry level units.
are netbooks well perceived over there?
thanks

I was looking for a replacement mouse a few months back. A laptop with the same specs I had seen for sale in Best Buy for around $550 was on "sale" for close to $900, before taxes.

Whether you are looking for a work computer or a cheap netbook for your special friend to be able to do Skype calls, :bunny:, it's way cheaper to 1) buy it at home and take it over on your next trip or 2) use an internet center.

Good luck. :glasses:

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
yea, i was in plaza internacional ayer and what they had were a WINS and a DELL. You re better off shopping online in the US and then shipping it to yourself. i was in Staples in Long Island and they have a better selection than they have here and those were $330 for the mini'notebook laptops. I m sure it d be cheaper if I did more shopping around.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
From RD$ 15'999.oo for a basic USD 249.99 netbook to 23'999.oo for a usable USD 499.oo laptop to 35'999.oo for a still a bit outdated or skimmy equipped somewhat better lapop.

These are the ranges I seem to see.

I don't know if "Rocky" still is in the business of setting up and selling computers and good laptops(?).

... J-D.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I believe he is. Really good Asus (?) Acus(?) notebooks at $350 in yur hands.
If you have a old case, he could make you a very usable PC..

HB

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
Future Shop here in Canada has a nice Notebook for $299 advertised right now. It might be worth having it shipped. I just bought a new PC system for $549 and they had 4G HP laptops for that price too. Does anyone have an idea how much the shipping would be to have a Notebook sent from here to DR, POP and how secure it would be in getting there? I tried to send some pics and a card months ago and it was never received.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Future Shop here in Canada has a nice Notebook for $299 advertised right now. It might be worth having it shipped. I just bought a new PC system for $549 and they had 4G HP laptops for that price too. Does anyone have an idea how much the shipping would be to have a Notebook sent from here to DR, POP and how secure it would be in getting there? I tried to send some pics and a card months ago and it was never received.
Shipping costs are apinless compared to import duty and sales taxes. Combined they are like 35+%on what Aduanas thinks it's worth, not what you paid.

You will pay dearly for one of those bargain 'puters coming onshore here. There is a reason why high tech equipment is so expensive here...

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Computers should only pay ITBIS 16%, I believe they have 0% import duties. I have never been charged any import duties for brining in computers, only ITBIS.

If you're in Santo Domingo, take a look at Omega Tech (John F Kennedy - Map), they are the largest wholesaler in the DR. They usually hold around 500 laptops in stock at any one time. They have a massive range of inventory.

The owners name is Alvin, real cool guy and fluent in English. He spent years in the computer business in Miami.

Their pricing is very good, some items I get cheaper than I can buy from Amazon!

e.g.
AZB picked up a 100" ceiling mounted projector screen for RD$3,000 (US$80). This was RD$6,000 cheaper than the price at the local RadioShack and cheaper than the USA.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Some one had posted a link to 80- 100$ net books. I was just looking for that link and am having trouble finding it. I think it was on one of AZB's posts. May be the one about free internet. Some one was talking about if your girl has been asking you for a computer this is the cheep solution ( still can't finde the ling aney help).

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Some one had posted a link to 80- 100$ net books. I was just looking for that link and am having trouble finding it. I think it was on one of AZB's posts. May be the one about free internet. Some one was talking about if your girl has been asking you for a computer this is the cheep solution ( still can't finde the ling aney help).

I remember that post. I think it was in this thread:

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/103377-free-internet-trick.html