Way 2 Many Electrical Outages In Sosua!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I believed that power 24/7 in Sosua was for real " This Time " after living here for 4 years!

Without AC I am not going to cook my Prime Rib in the oven but have to rely on microwave cheeseburgers.

This totally disrupts my camping plans!

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Sorry about the power outage, Mike....but where did you get the Prime Rib?

I second that, where did you find a prime rib, been looking for a long time with no avail. Power out in Santiago (my neighborhood) every afternoon Monday thru Friday for at least 4 hours, and NO prime rib.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Buy a big slice 8+" of ribeye for Prime Rib. It doesn't have the bones but can be prepared the same way.

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
I believed that power 24/7 in Sosua was for real " This Time " after living here for 4 years!

Without AC I am not going to cook my Prime Rib in the oven but have to rely on microwave cheeseburgers.

This totally disrupts my camping plans!
Invest in a good gas or cheap charcoal/wood burning grill and a cooler...you can cook steak and have cold beer anytime.

Hurricane season's here...in the DR it's not time to prepare for a disaster, you're already living one!

Reactions: LindseyKaufman
Mar 2, 2008
Mike, Mike, Mike, I saw you scooting around town, in search of the perfect prime rib yesterday.

You must have transversed Dr. Rosen about 5 times within a 15 minute period of time, and you didn't even stop once to say, "Hi". And it's too bad because I would have set you up with the ultimate prime rib. Maybe next time.

Anyway, didn't you know it's all about the total amount of time we are without 'luz', not the number of times. At least, that is the opinion of one or two DR1 posters. Go figure.

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Buy a big slice 8+" of ribeye for Prime Rib. It doesn't have the bones but can be prepared the same way.

Done that, good, but not like eating the meat off the bone with all the seasoning. That's why it's called Prime Rib...it's the ribs for the munching.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
In my neighborhood (POP)we have had some return to normal patterns - it has only been 2 days though. We normally go out for 4 hours a day and it was on schedule Saturday and Sunday - within 20 minutes both days.... Time will tell.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Windeguy - you got it.

Question - you say that the long term issues will take a Generation to fix- is that a regular Generation or a Dominican Generation???? :cheeky::cheeky:

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I was going to say the same.... screw the power outages, let's discuss the important issues!
Where did you get the Prime Rib from?!?!
How do you do it?

... J-D.

Exactly, you can't change the outages but eating a prime rib will make you feel a whole lot better. Now, the trick is finding a prime rib....... WITH THE RIBS.
Without the ribs, just an over-sized steak.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Sorry about the power outage, Mike....but where did you get the Prime Rib?

Prime Rib was purchased at La Sierna in POP. They usually have a whole boneless loin that they cut off for steaks in the showcase and I bought what was left and was able to get 2 roasts. 1 of which i froze and don't really need.

After picking up my new glasses ($ 330.00 U.S. ) just for the lenses i went shopping and found some good items there.

I bought fresh cherries, nectarines, plums, baby asparagus, and other goodies

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Mike, Mike, Mike, I saw you scooting around town, in search of the perfect prime rib yesterday.

You must have transversed Dr. Rosen about 5 times within a 15 minute period of time, and you didn't even stop once to say, "Hi". And it's too bad because I would have set you up with the ultimate prime rib. Maybe next time.

Anyway, didn't you know it's all about the total amount of time we are without 'luz', not the number of times. At least, that is the opinion of one or two DR1 posters. Go figure.

I did not see you and I was scooting around loading my apartment with supplies from the Playero

2thebeach

May 7, 2010
power outages

Mike...you froze the other prime rib.....that leads me to a question....with all the power outages how does stuff stay frozen. Does anyone there use an actual seperate freezer or just the fridge freezers? I'm in Canada so keeping things frozen is NEVER a problem. In the winter I use my deck as my freezer! I do like to stock up on food when getting a good deal so just wondering how that will work when I move there...

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Mike...you froze the other prime rib.....that leads me to a question....with all the power outages how does stuff stay frozen. Does anyone there use an actual seperate freezer or just the fridge freezers? I'm in Canada so keeping things frozen is NEVER a problem. In the winter I use my deck as my freezer! I do like to stock up on food when getting a good deal so just wondering how that will work when I move there...

My freezer is stuffed with prime meats and seafood so an outage lasting several hours is no problem as it's contained and I do not open during these problems.

We have back up batteries here so that keeps refridgerators and fans going but not AC so I opted not to cook the roast then but I am now with the AC going so it's a balancing act....time to sautee the fresh baby asparagus!

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
outages to ribs to glasses

Prime Rib was purchased at La Sierna in POP. They usually have a whole boneless loin that they cut off for steaks in the showcase and I bought what was left and was able to get 2 roasts. 1 of which i froze and don't really need.

After picking up my new glasses ($ 330.00 U.S. ) just for the lenses i went shopping and found some good items there.

I bought fresh cherries, nectarines, plums, baby asparagus, and other goodies

$330 US for lenses, are glasses so high in the DR?

Status
Not open for further replies.