Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Way 2 Many Electrical Outages In Sosua!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Way 2 Many Electrical Outages In Sosua!

I believed that power 24/7 in Sosua was for real " This Time " after living here for 4 years!

Without AC I am not going to cook my Prime Rib in the oven but have to rely on microwave cheeseburgers.

This totally disrupts my camping plans!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about the power outage, Mike....but where did you get the Prime Rib?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LindseyKaufman View Post
    I second that, where did you find a prime rib, been looking for a long time with no avail. Power out in Santiago (my neighborhood) every afternoon Monday thru Friday for at least 4 hours, and NO prime rib.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Buy a big slice 8+" of ribeye for Prime Rib. It doesn't have the bones but can be prepared the same way.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mike l View Post
    I believed that power 24/7 in Sosua was for real " This Time " after living here for 4 years!

Without AC I am not going to cook my Prime Rib in the oven but have to rely on microwave cheeseburgers.

This totally disrupts my camping plans!
    Invest in a good gas or cheap charcoal/wood burning grill and a cooler...you can cook steak and have cold beer anytime.

Hurricane season's here...in the DR it's not time to prepare for a disaster, you're already living one!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike, Mike, Mike, I saw you scooting around town, in search of the perfect prime rib yesterday.

You must have transversed Dr. Rosen about 5 times within a 15 minute period of time, and you didn't even stop once to say, "Hi". And it's too bad because I would have set you up with the ultimate prime rib. Maybe next time.

Anyway, didn't you know it's all about the total amount of time we are without 'luz', not the number of times. At least, that is the opinion of one or two DR1 posters. Go figure.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    Buy a big slice 8+" of ribeye for Prime Rib. It doesn't have the bones but can be prepared the same way.
    Done that, good, but not like eating the meat off the bone with all the seasoning. That's why it's called Prime Rib...it's the ribs for the munching.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

In my neighborhood (POP)we have had some return to normal patterns - it has only been 2 days though. We normally go out for 4 hours a day and it was on schedule Saturday and Sunday - within 20 minutes both days.... Time will tell.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Windeguy - you got it.

Question - you say that the long term issues will take a Generation to fix- is that a regular Generation or a Dominican Generation????

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LindseyKaufman View Post
    I was going to say the same.... screw the power outages, let's discuss the important issues!
    Where did you get the Prime Rib from?!?!
    How do you do it?

... J-D.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast