travelling around the DR

amstellite

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
is there a way to go right around the country by bus and guagu but no backtracking to Santo Dom or Santiago? For example, Santo Dom to San Juan de la maguana, to Jarabacoa, to San Jose de las matas, to Monte Cristo, to Santiago to Las terrenas, samana and back via Samana del Mar to La caleta . las Americas airport.. just wondering- something like that anyway. I know it's not the whole deal, but I only have 12 days... and I've been to santo Domingo and Santiago, barahona, Samana , San pedro many times already- I want to see the smaller places, the REAL Dominican places, but not lose so much time backtracking through the bus hubs...cheers

Mar 1, 2009
I believe cobraboy does motorcycle tours, Motocaribe Motorcycle adventures. If not rent a car and hit the road!!!!

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
you can get on the little "local" bus lines... like from santiago you can go to the "linea" on "expreso liniero". I don't know what your route would be, but as long as you don't mind travelling in converted minibuses, you can do it pretty simply. Locals will know how to get where.