Boca Chica for 30 Days

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Back-in-the-day there was a band called Humble Pie, they were famous for a great rock song called "30 Days in the Hole". It was a reference to a prison sentence, however, in your case could have a couple of diffeent meanings.

Let us know how you're doing after 3 days...

p.s.~The one and only time I was in B.C., I felt "safest" sitting at the Boat House.

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
Back-in-the-day there was a band called Humble Pie, they were famous for a great rock song called "30 Days in the Hole". It was a reference to a prison sentence, however, in your case could have a couple of diffeent meanings.

Let us know how you're doing after 3 days...

p.s.~The one and only time I was in B.C., I felt "safest" sitting at the Boat House.

Right On!!!! 3 days max. only whole pieces of chicken on the bone. no dishes with chicken in them. you don't know how many days its been recycled. my Dom friend used to work there. all-inclusive is a mistake in BC.

dskreet2

May 27, 2010
Wow, so far it's been relaxing & fun. Yes the hawkers are in large supply trying to sell you something, but with a stern vamos my trip so far has been relaxing. I seen them go after one person who didn't say no, & they literally took turns approaching him until he walked back to the resort. I bet he wish he knew some curse words in Spanish, it probably would help him!

dskreet2

May 27, 2010
A friend suggested I meet him in Puerta Plata or Playa & he will introduce me to some of his friends so I can have an even better time. Any suggestions on taking the Metro or Caribe bus? I believe it's located in the north near Sousa, if I'm remembering correctly!

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007

A guy I was having lunch with at the Boat House went to the bathroom there and some crackhead Chica runs in behind him, grabs his package and demands money. This happened at 12:30 in the afternoon. That doesn't say much for the part of Boca Chica that you don't feel safe in.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Wow, so far it's been relaxing & fun. Yes the hawkers are in large supply trying to sell you something, but with a stern vamos my trip so far has been relaxing. I seen them go after one person who didn't say no, & they literally took turns approaching him until he walked back to the resort. I bet he wish he knew some curse words in Spanish, it probably would help him!

As long as you are enjoying yourself that is all that matters. Some people like Boca Chica and a lot of people hate it. I don't find BC to be nearly half as bad as some people make it out to be.

A friend suggested I meet him in Puerta Plata or Playa & he will introduce me to some of his friends so I can have an even better time. Any suggestions on taking the Metro or Caribe bus? I believe it's located in the north near Sousa, if I'm remembering correctly!

To get to Puerto Plata you will need to take a guagua into Santo Domingo. Once in Santo Domingo you can take a taxi to Metro or Caribe Tours bus depot.

It is really not that hard to do. If you don't want to mess with the guagua and taxi take a cab from BC to the bus depot, although public transportation would be more fun.

From Boca Chica it will be about a 4 hour trip.

Need more info just ask..............

On Sundays the western end of Playa Boca Chica really comes to life with locals.

dskreet2

May 27, 2010
Crime happens everywhere! I don't want to seem like I'm playing down your friend's experience with the crackhead chica, that is why I roll using caution ALL the time! I gave up alcohol outside of home for that cause. I want to be sure my spider senses tingle when danger is near AND I recognize the tingle! But I TRULY appreciate all the comments because they are useful in making me smarter and sharper!

Thanks again to everyone!!!

dskreet2

May 27, 2010
Thanks bigbird! I will probably take the taxi to the bus depot to keep it simple. I rather have the uncomplicated plans, even though it will cost me a few more RD's. One of the resort workers said the bus from here would be more fun too! I'll think about it!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Thanks bigbird! I will probably take the taxi to the bus depot to keep it simple. I rather have the uncomplicated plans, even though it will cost me a few more RD's. One of the resort workers said the bus from here would be more fun too! I'll think about it!

Take the guagua, you will have a great time.

Did you see this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj6pbKO2tzg

The video was posted in this thread.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/south-coast/103182-boca-chica-pics-music-enjoy.html

How many of the places in the video have you been to so far? Post some pics if you get a chance.

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
A guy I was having lunch with at the Boat House went to the bathroom there and some crackhead Chica runs in behind him, grabs his package and demands money. This happened at 12:30 in the afternoon. That doesn't say much for the part of Boca Chica that you don't feel safe in.
Bathroom? Where is that? I walked into the water up to my waist like the Dominicans do....5 steps off the bar stool, waist deep and stood there with my hands on my hips while I smiled at the girl behind the bar til I was thru--and reclaimed my spot.

dskreet2

May 27, 2010
@pyratt: Hopefully number 1 & not number 2?!?! LOL! Many more people are greeting me now cuz they realize my initials aren't ATM & I'm not trying to find a new hole to dig every hour!!!

It feels SO GOOD to do nothing but relax & not be on a clock! It's either day or night. I only eat when I'm hungry, so I sometimes miss the meals @ The Resort. But that's o.k., I can get a full meal with drink & dessert for under $5. I bought a full meal for a guy that has a mental disability. He really thanked the waiter! So I felt good I could help and I thank GOD for helping me to almost eliminate my debt! It took almost 5 years, but it taught me some valuable lessons. Eliminating debt has to be a #1 priority for everyone in today's time!

dskreet2

May 27, 2010
I enjoyed Da Nancy, Tropical Gusto (which I incorrectly named Orange Peel earlier), and Napoli Pizza. I have not had any "awful" food, just taste different Latin food I ate in the US. The mojitos I've had here all been good! My trip has ended earlier than expected cuz my meetings went well, so I will be leaving either Sunday or Monday. I met some really nice people who were not trying to get a tip, mostly the guys playing dominoes or chess. The ladies at this resort have been nice too without asking for money!

dskreet2

May 27, 2010
I'm leaving now cuz trip was cut short. I did have a good time. Met a few guys from the U.S. One of the guys was staying at the Hamaca and he had nothing nice to say about that hotel. I was shocked by his comments cuz when they gave me a tour, the rooms, grounds and dining area looked fabulous. One of his complaints to me was crawly bugs in his room! He said it was not worth the money. The time-share people tried really hard for me to invest in one of the packages. No sale (vende)!!!