England vs USA - Saturday - 2.30pm (SDQ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Let's see if we can get a group of like minded football fans together in one spot in Santo Domingo.

Anyone interested, add your name.

It will either be at 5 Star Sports on the Malecon or the BQ Hotel on Sarasota.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I never been to 5 Star, so I'm going to check it out on Friday afternoon
for the South Africa vs Mexico game. I'll post here my thoughts.

I have heard it's pretty good, so it looks like that will be the venue of choice.

Kick off for the England vs USA is 1.30 pm DR Time. (S.A. is 6hrs ahead of the DR)

SteveS

Apr 15, 2008
I never been to 5 Star, so I'm going to check it out on Friday afternoon
for the South Africa vs Mexico game. I'll post here my thoughts.

I have heard it's pretty good, so it looks like that will be the venue of choice.

Kick off for the England vs USA is 1.30 pm DR Time. (S.A. is 6hrs ahead of the DR)

First off I think you got the time wrong, kick off is 1930 BST, 5hrs ahead. Hence 230pm DR.

And for Mason3000, you open at 10am for the opening match? Or doing a rerun when you open?

mcfcfan

Aug 29, 2008
England ko 2.30pm

Hi
the ko in SA is 8.30pm, in UK 7.30pm in DR 2.30pm. Hope that clarifies. I have a great app on my i phone which shows all local (DR) ko times.
I would love to watch with some like minded souls.
I dropped into 5 stars the other day and it looks nice place.
Forgive my ignorance but where is Mason3000 suggesting.
Robert if you are going to 5 starts for opening game let me know and we can catch up, ko is 10am which is when 5 stars opens (i did check with them).

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Hi
the ko in SA is 8.30pm, in UK 7.30pm in DR 2.30pm. Hope that clarifies. I have a great app on my i phone which shows all local (DR) ko times.
Robert if you are going to 5 starts for opening game let me know and we can catch up, ko is 10am which is when 5 stars opens (i did check with them).

My bad on the kick-off time. I was looking at the BBC site and they say 7.30pm and I assumed that was local S.A time.

Cool that they open at 10am, looks like we have found a venue for the Slovenia game.

Ok, 5 Stars at 2.30pm for the opening game on Saturday.
Look for a group of Brits, I'm sure we will be easy to find :)

SteveS

Apr 15, 2008
Hi

Mason3000 is a Manager @ 5 Star.....

And I will pop in for the opener and a coffee friday too..

mcfcfan

Aug 29, 2008
England game

Hi
I will def be there for the England game, not yet sure about the opener on Fri.
BTW 5 stars is difficult to locate on Malecon as there is no obvious signage, I only spotted it from the rear by the road that runs paralel to Malecon.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I think you Brits smell an easy victory, and that is why you are so eager to watch... lol...

If SD was any closer I would drop by, and for the rest I sure hope England wins...

Hope all you SD Hooligans have fun... and post the results....

A Belgian who will cheer for England, as Belgian football sucks at the moment...:ermm:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
:surprised

The US has a kickball team?

Yep, they sure do and a pretty decent one.

Starting Saturday, they will be more famous around the globe than any of those American "wannabe" Rugby teams. :)

On a more on-topic note.

I'm surprised how many Dominicans are getting into the World Cup.
Must be the reason they are giving it so much coverage here, more than any other sport apart from maybe Baseball.

Status
Not open for further replies.