Any free clinics for women in the Montellano/Sosua area? (urgent)

blacklilah

Jan 25, 2008
Looking on the behalf of someone, who is having serious medical (gynocological) issues. She has government-issued insurance, but its for emergency visits only. She is having complications from a tubal-ligation (sp? not even sure what its called. she got fixed) from a yr ago, and is in a lot of pain, but it doesn't qualify as an emergency.

She has no money. A clinic in Montellano charged her 1500 for a consultation (but the pills they recommended did not work).

Are there any doctors or clinics in the area that help the working poor?

thomasj

Mar 31, 2010
A lady I know had a tubal ligation in Montellano 6 months ago. It was a totally botched up job. She could not work for 4 months an was bedridden most of the time.
Montellano is obviously not the place for such a procedure or its complication.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Yes I know but he does a lot of charitable health work with humans.
Medical Ministry

Thanks for the link Lambada, I needed a laugh. Here's a quote from it that made me laugh out loud:

Yes, we arrive, to hold a hand, touch
an aching brow, raise up the dead that have lost all and whose
eyes no longer shine

He really is a remarkable vet then! LOL

Aug 21, 2007
Thanks for the link Lambada, I needed a laugh. Here's a quote from it that made me laugh out loud:

He really is a remarkable vet then! LOL

Actually, anyone who knows about Dr. Bob's charitable work with Dominican Crossroads DOES think he is a remarkable person, even if the web site didn't articulate it well.

Unfortunately, at the moment, clinics are not being held at Bob's office (where they were conducted by a MEDICAL doctor.) Instead, Crossroads is hosting clinics in the poor barrios with both local doctors and physician teams who come to volunteer from abroad. The belief is that the situation of the poor is such that, at the moment, even the few pesos it costs for transportation to Bob's office is prohibitive for most of the indigent to seek medical care. Thus, they are taking the clinic to the people.

However, a few desperate people with charity cases still find their way to Dr. Bob's. If he cannot help directly, he is always ready to give some direction about where help can be found.

Please know that the priority of Dominican Crossroads is poor Haitians. If the woman is Dominican, even though the public hospitals are pathetic, they are what is available free for Dominicans.

I hope this was of some help. And I hope it cleared up some confusion about Dr. Bob and what he does.

Any further questions, feel free to PM me.

Lindsey

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Apologies if anyone was offended about the irreverent comment.

But you've got to admit, that website needs work!

Aug 21, 2007

But you've got to admit, that website needs work!

No apologies necessary, Beeza. Some people are good at writing and making websites. Others are good at doing charity work. It's the same in all walks of life.

Thanks for having the class to offer them, though.

Lindsey

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com

No-one would be offended, beeza, because most people who use Dr. Bob's services as a vet wouldn't have a clue about all the voluntary work he does with people because he never makes a song-and-dance about it. So, you would have no way of knowing. Plus although the website looks very religiously geared, he doesn't push this either. In real life he's just a nice person, a great guy and one who has made an enormous contribution to improving the lives of so many, certainly for all the time we've known him (almost 18 years) and before we even got here.

Hope the new specs are working out ok ;) (disclaimer: not sarcasm, beeza will know what I mean).

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
if a woman in question does have a job she can try a policlinica in POP (i know it is a bit far). it is located on manolo tavarez justo, just next to a pedestrian bridge and it is free, as i understand, to working dominicans.
also mention to her that if she wants to buy medicine with her seguro she needs a prescription that has been stamped with a sello of a doctor with his name and specialty.