Only in DR....

abretusojos10

Dec 2, 2007
31059_556869947949_194801222_32076993_5177837_n.jpg

I think its funny I guess its for pronunciation .... :ermm:

Reactions: greydread

principe

Nov 19, 2002
Pretty awesome picture. Im warning my GF now to get used to seeing a lot of Only in DR sights.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Santiago on Tuesday 22-6 Good Driving

I was behind this great public servant!! I was lucky with the photo and got the vehicle, its ID number and the NO U TURN sign in the background!!

HB (Now I have to see if I can post it!!) Click to enlarge

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I was behind this great public servant!! I was lucky with the photo and got the vehicle, its ID number and the NO U TURN sign in the background!!

I did it many times too as when you come down the hill from "Cerros de Gurabo" where COORASAN has the water reservoir and the pump and you are heading to the south of the city this only way, if you don't do so you will have to drive onto "Los Jardines" to find the way to turn around....

Make sure there is not un AMET and take your chance...

jeje

JJ

xtoclark

Jul 9, 2008

When did they put that sign up? Must be something new! We've been doing that since... ever. hehe, oops? :paranoid:

Make sure there is not un AMET and take your chance...

jeje

JJ
I remeber once seeing AMET helping other "public servants" [policia nacional] u-turn there, naturally we followed.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I'm pretty sure that people who lives in Cerros de gurabo # 1 and # 3 do this all time if they are heading to the south areas of the city as they don't want to stick in the traffic trying to cross the light at the corner of Av. 27 De Febrero / Salvador E. Sadhala.

JJ

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004

That's a wicked left turn as it is, a U would be really nasty.

Turning on to Sadhala from there is also tense...

jbtilley

Jun 22, 2011
Stealing the phone cables in daylight and for all to see...

http://www.youtube.com/v/YflFCNkQMEA&hl

I distinctly remember posters on the walls in the buildings where you went to pay your electric bill in person. The posters would show a corpse tangled up in the massive web of illegal hookups and simply said "Don't steal electricity".

A sad way to communicate a point, but you didn't see a single power pole without a massive ball of extension cords hooked up to it.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i was getting out from la sirena in POP, exiting to the malecon and turning left. my european friend said: "no left turn, you have a double yellow line here". i said: "what? what line? what?"
it never even crossed my mind i was doing something bad :)

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Double yellow lines are just there for decoration!!!! This is the answer to the question of what are these lines for.....I have now asked 10 locals and this is the answer I get, plus, yo no se.