Father's Day songs

P

poponlaburra

?

? bient?t

Now in my apartment I must be a weird depressed weirdo because the music I like has a totally different tempo and rhythm that merengue. ha!

You'd weird if you didn't like any type of music. But what are you listening to, RacerX?

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
70s stuff. American music, R/B, pop and what the Europeans call "Northern Soul". Similar to the junk I posted here. Real rare stuff...at least to me. I dont like new music. Real awful. I like analog recording done on AMPEX tape in a cheap basement studio with a 24 track Masterboard using live studio musicians. Right now I m listening to the Moments(out of Baltimore, Maryland-later called the What-nauts) the album?"A moment with the MOMENTS".

?

? bient?t

70s stuff. American music, R/B, pop and what the Europeans call "Northern Soul". Similar to the junk I posted here. Real rare stuff...at least to me. I dont like new music. Real awful. I like analog recording done on AMPEX tape in a cheap basement studio with a 24 track Masterboard using live studio musicians. Right now I m listening to the Moments(out of Baltimore, Maryland) the album?"A moment with the MOMENTS".

I'm with you, bro.

A few years ago, a neighbor asked me about Dominican music. I played one of my all-time favorites, Antony Santos's "Me muero port ti." He thought it was cool, or so he said.

A few days later, we run into each at the parking lot; he's with a female neighbor, and says, "Jos? has some weird music."

I must confess to be a bit weird by Dominican and most people's standards: I'm still hooked on old stuff like Procol Harem, the Moody Blues, Van "The Man", Jim Croce, Steely Dan, G. Lightfoot, Seger, Mellencamp, J. Browne, the Boss, D. Henley, WAYLON JENNINGS, C. Stevens, David Sanborn, Anita Baker, The Clash, Waylon and Willie, Omega, Grupo Niche...

I'm still impressed with Paul Simon's genius in "Late in the Evening" and the Moody Blues' rendition of Procol Harem's "Conquistador" as well as Raul?n Rodr?guez's "Nereyda" and old Cuban stuff like "Idilio" y "Guajira ven" y Omega's "Chambonean."

Call me weird and outdated. Give me anything, just don't give me Latin American Rock en Espa?ol and/or ANYTHING by Enrique Iglesias.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
En espanol is music i have a problem with. i dont like Reggaeton, rap ni pop ni rock ni metal pesada en espanol. Its all awful to me.
Good Albums:
Chapter 8(anita bakers first group before she went solo)
Willie Nelson unreleased masters from Austin(he was rejected by the Nashville Sound)
Ray Lamontagne is NEW but hes cool, got a Otis Redding, Joe Cocker feel to him with better lyrics

Yea, your neighbor was a BONE. If you ever rode in his car I bet his entire soundtrack was crap from Americas Top 40 or some faggy MTV call in request show. He wouldnt know good music if it peed on his leg