Have you seen my chicken?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Exactly when you think you have seen and heard it all in DR, all of the sudden you are shown something stranger than fiction.
I was sitting home, trying to fix my corrupted windows xp. It was a calm saturday early afternoon in santiago, my door was open. I hear some kid calling me out in a nervous voice. I go out the door to see there are 2 kids outside my metal main gate asking me if I have seen a gallena (chicken) running in my backyard. I told him I have not heard or seen any chicken running over my grass. He insisted in desperation that I would go and check my backyard. I had more important things to do than look for a escaped chicken. In any case I went out and took a brief look and assured the kids there was no chicken running around in my backyard. The kids leave and I sit back down in front of my PC. Then I hear commotion outside, a bunch of people calling out other neighbors asking for the chicken in loud voices. Then after 10 minutes, the group come to my home again. This time, an older man requested me to take a good look in my backyard to see if there is a chicken anywhere. Now I have had it with the stupid chicken saga. I told the man, I have taken a look and I have not localized any stupid chicken anywhere. Then I assured him, if the chicken was , indeed, in my backyard, it must have gone somewhere else. The man nervously tells me the chicken can't get far as its bleeding and headless. What??? headless? WTF!!!!!
He tells me in detail that his younger son was told to kill the chicken for lunch but as the kid was cutting the head off, the chicken, some-how, escaped his hands and flew away almost without a head. It flew over the wall and outside of their shack into houses in my street. These people are squatters who have build shacks in the back-street (callejon) of my house. So the chicken could have landed in the backyard of 3 houses (including mine). The family was pressured to catch the chicken before some dog gets a hold of it or it simply dies somewhere from excessive bleeding. I am not sure if they ever found their headless chicken but I was relieved to see it did not enter my home and landed on my sofa.

Then I was on autopista duarte in front of HOMS hospital; stopped on a red light. From the side of my vision I see an angry girl (barrio type) jump out of a taxi (concho type car) and slam the door close. Upon closer look, it seemed like a fight between a couple and she had decided to get out of his car on the highway and walk. When she slammed the door so hard, the door actually opened up again. The guy inside closed the door and yelled at her, she didn't respond and kept walking. Then all of the sudden the man accelerates his concho car and boom hits the woman who falls down. Yikexxxx. To my shock, she simply gets up and starts to walk away as nothing happened. He gets out and grabs her by hair and pushes her in the car and drives away. She didn't fight him, just sat there looking out the window.
I was left there staring at all this with an open mouth, not knowing what to say. Just imagine and compare this treatment with the treatment expats offer to the same girls. hahahaha.
AZB

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I wonder what happened to the poor headless chicken. :laugh:

I was thinking it was going to be a trick that while you were in the back yard someone would enter the house and take stuff.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Tell us the truth AZB, you ate that headless chicken to get even on these squatters :)

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
What was wrong with your Window's XP?

Mine also went kaput this weekend, turned out to be Avast! Antivirus.

I had to uninstall and then re-install it today.
So far everything is working okay.

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
i had power interruption and the system32/config/system file got corrupted. My windows would not turn on. So I took out my drive and connected it to a usb converter to turn it into an external type drive. This allowed me to take out my data. Now I am also reinstalling windows, clean install.
AZB

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
You guys are off topic. The title says, have you seen my chicken. :laugh:

Ok time for me to get out and get some air

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
those are the things I miss about DR every day is a new challenge, you can't figure out what is gonna happen next day.
Yesterday swimming in the pool with my wife she said; Look how quite is here in US if we would be in DR there will be a bonch of tigeritos bothering and making noise. there would be a lot of pretty girls instead all theses ugly fact women, there will be music playing and presidente beers to drink I though!

JJ

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I hate chicken... always did, even as a kid, that was the one animal I could not stand.
I don't think they need their head for anything else but to pick grains and swallow... they certainly don't need them to walk or "fly".
I've seen my share of head chopped chicken taking a hike... they actually RUN and even fly better than they ever did with their head on... maybe it's the lesser weight, better aerodynamics, what do I know. They only stop because they bleed out.
Butchers here, just throw them in a big barrel... until they pass out... you can hear them still trying to get "out" or away for quite a while sometimes. In factories they hang'em off their feet, head down first and then only slaughter them... so they bleed out faster... takes only a few seconds that way.

I made the mistake to try to save a woman away from her drunk husband beating the s**t out of her TWICE.
Once in Ecuador, with an "Indian" drunk beating the hell out of his "Cholla" already on the ground. After I had him "quieten" down a little, she came flying on me, defending her husband "dejelo, pobresito, si marido mismo es!"

The other one, a Domincana in Switzerland was being abused on a dancing stage by her Italian "guy". As it went too far for, I grabbed my bar stool and walked over to... well, you know... And just as I was at the distance to make him eat the stool, they suddenly stopped, sat down, cuddled up and started to kiss.... almost make love right in front of me.

I've given up on that. Ain't worth it.

.. J-D.

Last edited:

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
2 things you should never do, get between a couple (husband/wife, boyfriend/girlfriend and I guess nowdays boyfriend/boyfriend etc. ) who are fighting or between 2 brothers (No I don't mean those brothers) because in both cases, they will turn on you. Well maybe the brothers would turn on you too. Ah.... never mind, i'm going to look for AZB's chicken.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
chicken is a small beer, AZB. when i was a kid vacationing in a village with my granparents i saw them butcher a pig. the darn thing had a head cut off all the way to the backbone (for collecting blood) when it got up, no, sprung up like a bolt and run all the way through the yard (talk about bad memories from childhood...)
can you imagine that in your backyard?
as for running over some tigre's girl. she gets up as if nothing has happened? you (any gringo, that is) try to gently bump her with your car and she'd be telling you how she is at death's door and how you need to pay for the clinic, treatment, broken bones and god knows what...

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Omg that was the best thing i've read on here lol

Except for the chick thing... let a dude pull my hair... just try it... i'd F### him up real good... chicks need to grow balls ! lol