Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Revistas

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I checked last month and again 2 weeks ago and was told no, not this year.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Virginian View Post
    I checked last month and again 2 weeks ago and was told no, not this year.
    Ok who right whoever you checked with or Listin Diario looks like can get at DGTT or the boxing venue here in santo domingo.

But this should be good,all lights front, back, directional, windshield wipers, function perfect jajaja.

looks like I need to buy a first aid kit ,an maybe jumper cables. wonder how many others will have them. is a small fire extinguisher still required????

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
    Eddy, Obras Publicas in PP usually gets them 2-3 weeks after the newspaper announcement - if you go any earlier you get told they're in transit .

Can you bear to wait until next week & I'll go in & check for you?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

My father-in-law got his revista this past Tuesday in Estadio Quisqueya, Santo Domingo. He had in his car a first aid kit, jumper cables, triangle, a small toolbox and about 10 feet of rope but no fire extinguisher. He told me he was in and out in about 10 minutes.

NotLurking

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotLurking View Post
    My father-in-law got his revista this past Tuesday in Estadio Quisqueya, Santo Domingo. He had in his car a first aid kit, jumper cables, triangle, a small toolbox and about 10 feet of rope but no fire extinguisher. He told me he was in and out in about 10 minutes.

NotLurking
    Thanks for the info, thats about what I figured, have never figured out the fascination with the rope. not sure why you need that???
    Lots of folks may have this stuff (borrowed), but still laughing about out the function perfect comment,

Also they mentioned front lights, and direction signals, but nothing on the rear lights, or brake lights working. Wonder if they ensure the radio and horn work? as those are the most important items.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotLurking View Post

NotLurking
    No where in the world is this stuff required. (Maybe a police patrol car) What is this crap? If the publicos carry that in their trunks, where will they put suitcases and chicken? I hope someone open a rental business.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
    No where in the world is this stuff required.
    This is just another example how modern Dominican laws are and how people could not care less about them.

However, gringos beware, not complying with the 'revista' requirements could cost you... let's say 100 peso on the spot....

donP

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I went to Puerto Plata with a friend last year(?) and got mine without the requisite safety gear.
    My friend sat in the passenger seat and got hers as well... her car, of course, never left Cabarete.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bienamor View Post
    Wonder if they ensure the radio and horn work? as those are the most important items.
    Oh, for sure, these things are the only requred ones to drive a car in DR

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast