Landlord advertising and readvertising

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
If your landlord advertises animals welcome on the time you move into the apartment, then 8 months down the line you decide to move a dog in (all beit temporarily) and then he changes his mind, is this something he can legally do. He is just trying to squeeze us out so he can move others in who will pay more, but on a legal level what is the score/norm?

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Do you have a written contract?. Many apartments only allow owners to have dogs not renters.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
We have a non legalised contract haha. I was made aware of this after a small dispute. I have 9 months rent receipts which I am told will act as some sort of contract if this ever came to an issue. I was going to catch him on his advertising but looks like he has changed the listing this week to meet his complaints to come about dogs. He has a dog and lives upstairs, other tennants have had dogs here. He is trying to push us out to make room for the Indian UN brigade that have taken over the block over the last couple of months. We are the last ones standing as it goes, haha. I?m sort of past caring what he wants or thinks now. As I have been told on here before, I have to do what makes me happy in this country, if I consider others overly I will get walked all over. My main point was legally, what could he do?

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
he can take you to court... but since you have receipts of rent being paid for 9 months it would take him a very, very long time to get you out of there, as renters are quite protected over here...

on the other hand... what can he do to pester you out of there (in whose name is the contract with edenorte, the water company, etc...)

I hope those contracts are in your name, and that you will win the fight... as I feel some of these landlords really feel like they can permit themselves everything (a lot of it is noise though...)