finding a dog a home?

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
SO I rescued a dog from a nasty ending the other weekend, found her being used as a football early morning Malecon by 3 guys, then tossed into the sea. I fished her out, took her to the vets, got her vacinated and a few other treatments for skin problems and wormed etc. Now she is well enough, her hair is on is way back and so on, so I am thinking about finding her a loving home. She still has milk teeth, is what I would call a jack russel cross whippet (whippet frame with russell colours), full grown(less than knee high), absolutely beautiful nature, very funny, house trained very quickly so I expect intelligent.

How have you guys gone about finding dogs new homes? I am reluctant to put her in a kennel, I feel the separation after finding someone who cares for her might spoil that loving nature she has.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Reactions: Black Dog

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Good start here.

What area are you in might be a help.

email AAAS/Judy info@aaasosua.com www.aaasousa.com They are putting the monthly news letter together now. A photo would be a great help both here and to Judy. Male or female?

Good luck and thanks.

Ringo

Last edited:

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I?m in Santo Domingo. I would want to visit the persons home before handing her over so best the new owner lived around this area. I?ll try and get a pic up soon.
Thanks

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
SO I rescued a dog from a nasty ending the other weekend, found her being used as a football early morning Malecon by 3 guys, then tossed into the sea. I fished her out, took her to the vets, got her vacinated and a few other treatments for skin problems and wormed etc. Now she is well enough, her hair is on is way back and so on, so I am thinking about finding her a loving home. She still has milk teeth, is what I would call a jack russel cross whippet (whippet frame with russell colours), full grown(less than knee high), absolutely beautiful nature, very funny, house trained very quickly so I expect intelligent.

How have you guys gone about finding dogs new homes? I am reluctant to put her in a kennel, I feel the separation after finding someone who cares for her might spoil that loving nature she has.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Well done for rescuing her and giving her a temporary home. Providing you find her a kind owner her nature will stay as good as it is now. Dogs are very trusting, she sounds lovely.
Good luck in finding a new home for her.

Rio

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Good on you Anistacio. I saw a car sticker once that said "the more I see of people, the more I love my dog"!
Good luck with the homing!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Any way you could keep her, Anastacio, as you have obviously developed a bond between you now? I am assuming the doggy is female as you referred to 'her' in your OP. Definitely a photo may help in your aim to rehome her.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
great that there are people like you around...

just one remark... if she is still teething, she is still growing... (this means she is anything between 4 and 7 months old, in general... and dogs grow up to a year, and even some between 1 and 2 years)

post the pic, and we will certainly try to help...

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I rescued a street puppy and took him to my vet, Gran Canis on Santiago at Soccorro Sanchez, paid for his shots and deworming,.. but REALLY did not want another dog. The vet said that he had him in the crate in the window and that people had asked about him so that if I wanted him to just find a home for the puppy, he would.

This is this Vet where I got my dog, Her Majesty Iko, and he does not really "deal" in dogs... just occassionally has a puppy of good tempermant ....