Recommend: Someone to mount an LCD TV?

E

engineerfg

Can anyone out there in DR1 world recommend a vendor that can carefully mount an LCD TV for me into concrete walls? (I'm in Santo Domingo).

I would naturally do the work myself but I don't have any of my tools or equipment in this country.

Gracias!

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
Can anyone out there in DR1 world recommend a vendor that can carefully mount an LCD TV for me into concrete walls? (I'm in Santo Domingo).

I would naturally do the work myself but I don't have any of my tools or equipment in this country.

Gracias!

Bought a screen mounting for a 42" TV from CECOMSA on Romulo Betancourt and they installed it......hasn't fallen off the wall yet.....

JFD

Feb 10, 2010
Do you have the mount already ? be careful when you buy it. I went cheap and the tv goes off level when rotated :mad:
For the instalation i used nylon anchors (not the colored stuff, the strong grey ones) 10 mm and hex head stainless lag bolts 1/4" x 2".

donP

Dec 14, 2008
No Plastic

nylon anchors (not the colored stuff, the strong grey ones) 10 mm and hex head stainless lag bolts 1/4" x 2".

May not be sufficient, as the 'empanete' layer is often rather thick.
I use metal anchors (Hilti type, 4" long) and at least 3/8" or better 1/2" bolts.

donP

E

engineerfg

Yup it's already mounted downstairs, I want to move it upstairs. I've got no tools, thought about investing and buying at the freterria, pero what's the point I'm renting and leaving in a year anyway...

Thanks for the suggestions!

JFD

Feb 10, 2010
JFD has no idea what the cost of an LCD is worth, no one should use nylon anchors
go METAL

I wish i didn't know the cost of my flat panel :ermm:
Your perception of the strenght of quality nylon anchors
is completely wrong, but i don't blame you, construction
knowledge is very deficient here. But if you feel good making
enormous holes and giant screws, good for you :laugh:...