NEW DJ Playing Live Saturday (19th) @ Simply Red

Status
Not open for further replies.

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
I've just heard there is a new DJ playing tomorrow (Saturday June 19th) at Simply Red.

I've always enjoyed the restaurant, and I've eaten there many times, but I've also heard the occasional complaint about the music.

So I thought I'd pass this info along.

There's an American DJ coming this Saturday, I believe playing mainly upscale lounge type music starting at 8pm. All chill and relaxing music to enjoy with friends and family. Nice dinner and relax and enjoy your evening type music.

In talking with friends around Sosua, what is missing is a lounge type atmosphere you can go to enjoy drinks talk with friends and actually hear each other, but at the same time chill and enjoy the music.

The flyer says Bohemia Grande's are only 50 pesos! :)

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Follow up:

It went very well. The DJ arrived around 8:30. The dinner tables were mostly full.
Had a great meal. Service was a bit slower than usual due to the higher number of clients I assume. The food was delish as usual, and it didn't appear that anyone minded waiting for their food as the music was really great.

The volume was fine to be able to talk and enjoy your meal. I saw lots of ppl bobbing their heads to the music. Seemed everyone really enjoyed it.

The DJ was only to play until 11, but a larger group of ppl came in around then and started requesting music to dance to...so he played the hip hop they requested at a louder volume, since the dinning clientele had left by that time...and the music drew a bigger crowd of dancers, so the DJ ended up staying til well after midnight.

It was an enjoyable evening overall.

Will update if I hear he is playing again! I would recommend it!

La Verdad

Jan 4, 2009
A little shameless self promotion never hurts anyone. What is the magic word for a free dr1 beverage Alicious?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
alicious, I have lifted the spamming ban on your account.

In the future, I suggest you post all the facts, then that way it will not look like sneaky spam.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.