Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default BelgianK and Acira are becoming abuelos...

Yessss... now we are certain and proud to announce we will have our first litters in the DR...

both mama's have big, bulging bellies, and will give birth around the midst of July...

Mama 1 is our lovely Flash...

A true Australian Shepherd out of herding lines, straight from Texas... and daddy had to wait 3 years before he got the green light... our John Doe...

We believe this is the first litter of Australian Shepherds ever on the island...

Mama 2 is our Mojito (named after the famous coctail and just as gorgeous and spicy...)
    Belgian bred out of true Belgian Ring lines... so a though dog...

Daddy is our very own bred Herion, son of Acira and Gucci von den Lausbuben (WC 2007 IPO), and leader of our pack...

For more info, visit our classified add, or our website Home, or pm me...

reservations are still possible, but for the Malinois you have to be quick...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

handsome animals! i'd post the happy news about our dog too but i have no clue what are the signs of pregnancy on a dog that already looks like a tinaco... she's been bulging here and there ever since she was born but now there may be a reason to it

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all, I have to set something straight. I put the pics of Mojito under the folder Mosquito so Belgiank took the wrong pic.

This is the future mother of our Malinois litter...mea culpa...

Second for dv8 : this is how a pregnant dog lookes like around day 55, good belly, puppies starting to descent and from now on you can feel the puppies moving also, niples starting to form and from that day on the nipples will fill with milk. From day 55 until birth (day 61 or 63) the mother starts to pluk the hairs away around the nipples, its instinctive behaviour so that the puppies can reach better the nipples and its for the mother nicer to clean everything. As the birth is coming nearby the pups descent still more and the pups stop moving at all.
    48 hours before birth the temperature of the mother drops below 36°C.

This is Acira pregnant two years ago, seems like a whole belly but only 3 puppies inside but big ones

Typical behaviour of a pregnant dog who is happy

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

why are they all missing legs in the pictures

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrhartley View Post
    why are they all missing legs in the pictures
    good meat is hard to come by here... and a dog can live perfectly happy with 3 legs...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Bellies getting bigger and both mama's getting slower, especially Flash who loves to herd the cows and horses nearby the house, is just looking out the fence now where they are...and then waggles back to the house...its really no sight, a waggling aussie whoehaa

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks, acira for info - if fiji is preggers it is only about 3 weeks so no signs yet, i guess
    your dogs are drop dead gorgeous, btw!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the soon to arrive bundles of joy!

Your dogs are lovely and I think you are probably right about having the first litter of Aussies on the island. We had our mini Aussie (from OK) with us while we lived there but I didn't breed her since there wasn't an appropriate male available. But we never saw another Aussie (full sized or mini) during the nine years we lived in the DR.

Congrats again.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by expatsooner View Post
    Congrats on the soon to arrive bundles of joy!

Your dogs are lovely and I think you are probably right about having the first litter of Aussies on the island. We had our mini Aussie (from OK) with us while we lived there but I didn't breed her since there wasn't an appropriate male available. But we never saw another Aussie (full sized or mini) during the nine years we lived in the DR.

Congrats again.
    Thanks! The future mama's are doing fine, getting fatter by the day and more hungry also

A mini aussie, knew them in Europe from a German breeder, lovely dogs and great compagnions like an aussie should be.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Some pics of the family

The first pictures of the litter of Hérion and Mojito, our Pastor Belga Malinois.
    Mama Mojito had a hell of a job bringing 12 pups to the world but she did just fine.

Just born

And number 12 on the way

12 hours old, eaten and sleeping now, not for mama, she was still to nervous to sleep

Being comfortable

Two day's old and all comfortable including mama

Some being VERY relaxed lol

Now we are waiting for Flash, our Australian Shepherd to deliver and since she is very quite and sleeps a lot since yesterday, it will be pretty soon.

You can go to classifieds http://dr1.com/classifieds/cgi-bin/view.cgi to view our add if you want more info and feel free to visit our website Home

Enjoy!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast